Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'm Pumped

I'm taking off on my trip tomorrow, was going to leave today but my doctor called Friday and wants me to come in for a blood test tomorrow. Usually, I go in every six months but the last time I went in to see him all the tests were so outstanding that he wants me to come in every three months for a while. He wants to take me off of some medication if I get the same report I got the last time. He is afraid with as well as I am doing all my signs will go to low. This is a great thing to hear from my doctor. So I will leave after my blood test tomorrow.

The other thing that I am pumped about is Mom. I just got off of the phone with her and she was so doggone happy. Happiest she has been in a very long time. Susan, the regular caregiver whose main job is at a retirement home, V who also works at a retirement home, and V's friend Jim who lives at a retirement home visited mom last night. Susan came for dinner. She is a very accomplished musician and singer. Before dinner was served she sang and played the piano. I guess several residents stopped by Mom's table and thanked Susan. After, J and V got there the four of them went to the fifty styles cafe and got the juke box going. J & V danced and did very well according to Mom. I guess while they were dancing and listening to the juke box several residents stopped by and joined them. One of the residents, a woman who used to sing in Hollywood, sang with Susan and the Juke Box. After they got done singing and dancing. Mom, J, V, and Susan played Scrabble. This just makes me so happy that they all had fun. So much fun in fact that they are all coming to visit Mom on Monday night and they are all going to the media room to watch Dancing With The Stars. Susan and V, remember they work at a facility, absolutely loved the place and both picked up applications before they left to see if they can get a job there. Jim who lives in another facility thought he had died and went to heaven. He is considering moving there. They all asked Mom how many places I had to look at before finding one "this nice". It is so darn good to hear that positive feedback and for Mom to hear it!

Keep praying for Susan and that her cancer isn't spreading!

8 comments:

Mary Z said...

Wonderful news about your mom!!!

Good luck with your lab tests, and bon voyage!

William J. said...

Mary Z

Thank you!

Bill

Pat said...

That's wonderful news about your mom, Bill! I can only imagine how happy you are that she's so happy.

More good wishes coming for Susan.

William J. said...

Pat

Thank you. If she just stays that happy, I am in 7th heaven.

Now if I can get AOL to quit rejecting google email I will be even happier.

Bill

Bev Sykes said...

Such wonderful news about your mother!

SymplyAmused said...

Glad to hear the news, Bill! Good luck with the blood test as well. Happy traveling!!

William J. said...

Hi Bev

I am so happy that Mom is doing things I just hope she realizes that she is having a lot more social outings than she does at home.

My guess is she may go home after the 30 days, be at home a week, and miss the place and go back.

I just love that everyone that visits her is so positve about the place. Even long time friends of Mom that didn't want her to leave her home after visiting there called Mom and said they had the best time that they have had in ages!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Symply

I am sitting here in the hotel room is beautiful Ashland getting ready to go for my morning walk. I am either going to get pictures or buy some post cards for the blog.

Thanks for you comments! I always like it when you post here!

Bill