Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Your Bucket List

I had fun learning what everyone's pet peeves were now I want to know what it is on your bucket list. I didn't see the movie The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman because it got such lousy reviews. However, the concept interests me.

I am having trouble with my bucket list and there are a couple of items on the list that I wouldn't want to share publically because they might involve family members or friends. Here are the ones that I can say publically:

1. Get Married. I really do want to be in a nice sharing and caring relationship with the right woman somewhere along the line.

2. Get over my fear of heights. I am not so fearful that I avoid high places, I can do that. There are just certain times when I am up there that I get that uneasy feeling. Standing at an edge of a mountain and looking at a view is one of those times. Or a glass elevator on the outside of a building when you ride in it you can look out, that really does bother me.

3. Finish the book.

4. Do something heroic. I have been credited with saving some lifes but that isn't because I did something heroic it is just because I knew what to do in a crisis. CPR, call 911 etc. I'd like to do something that people just shake their head at and say, WOW is he brave.

5. Go to the Super Bowl.

6. Attend The Oscars.

That is all right now, there may be more later. What is on your bucket list?

7 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I've seen this question asked on other lists and I have difficulty asking it. It seems that all the "big" thing I want to do in life have been done and the older I get the less and less I want to do. I'm going to have to think about this.

In my immediate bucket list is to see Jeri happily married (which will happen in august)

Bev Sykes said...

(that should have been "I have difficulty ANSWERING it"!)

William J. said...

Bev

I knew you meant answering it, instead of asking it.

Interesting to me is that with me as I get older it is just the opposite of you, I get more items on the list.

I am happy for Jeri and wish the new couple the best!

Bill

Pat said...

I'm with Bev on this one, and my daughter is already happily married, so that one's out.

There are lots of little things I'd like to find (or make) time to do, but I don't really have a bucket list. Maybe I should think on this some more.

I always think I should get organized so I'll get more things accomplished. Does that count?

I like your ambition to be heroic. I guess the opportunities don't come up too often. And as to the Oscars, remember how l-o-n-g those shows are and be careful what you wish for.

William J. said...

Getting organized so that you can get things accomplished counts.

Opportunities to be heroic don't come around very often so I have to be ready.

As to Oscars just remember if my book gets made into a screenplay you are doing the music for it so if the movie wins the Oscar you are going to be the table too.

Bill

SymplyAmused said...

I'd start my bucket list with:
1.) Traveling to Australia, Wales, and Ireland (and maybe Scotland too). I've always wanted to go to those places.

2.)Survive another 40 years without any major medical mishaps. (Does that count?)

3.) Own a room with as many books that I want.

4.) Find someone who can tolerate me and my daughter for longer periods than I can tolerate them. : )

5.) See my Grandsons more.

That's it for now, I think.

William J. said...

Hi Symply

I love your list, in some ways it isn't that different than mine.

And anything you write counts.

Bill