Thursday, May 8, 2008

Heading Home, Dancing, Top Chef.

Heading home in a minute and tonight when I get home will post some pictures from Ashland and maybe in the next couple of days do a post about the play, FENCES, that I went to. I really had a nice time being away and am looking forward to going on the road again next week. Mom had a couple of minor emergencies but she figured it out for herself. One last bit of information I received this morning is that the caregiver doesn't have cancer. I am so thrilled by that news and wanted to thank you for all your prayers.

Dancing With The Stars was great and I was surprised to see Mario go. I really thought Marissa or Cristian would go. Marissa has been dancing really well and Cristian was amazing. My guess is that the final three will be Kristi, Jason, and Marissa. The final two Kristi and Jason. The winner Kristi. I didn't see the top dances of all time show as I was at the play but I heard it was great TV. Sorry I missed it.

I watched Top Chef last night and for the second week in a row I really enjoyed it and although I really wanted Spike to bite the dust Nikki was a just elimination. My guess is it was an elimination tie between Nikki and Spike and Tom cast the deciding vote and we all know what way he is going to vote. Nikki actually seemed happy to be eliminated so she could distance herself from Dale. I loved what Richard did when he was picked the winner and passed the title to Stephanie. She really did deserve it with the cake she cooked on such short notice. For those that don't watch Top Chef what happened last night was first a relay then and wedding challenge. There were two teams of four. Andrew, Richard, Stephanie, and Antonia on one side. Spike, Nikki, Lisa, and Dale on the other side. After the relay was won by the Richard side the teams had fourteen hours to get food together for a wedding the next day. The Richard side had to cook a buffet for 125 people on the bride's side. The Dale side had to cook a buffet for 125 on the groom's side. Both sides cooked 14 hours straight then had to serve the food after the wedding. They were all probably up for 20 hours minimum. Richard's side won. They not only had the most cooking talent on their side they worked extremely well together. Dale's side lost. Dale was an ass. Nikki should have taken control and didn't. Any team that has both Richard and Stephanie on it will never lose a challenge. Good show, looking forward to next week.

Hope this will be a great day for all of you.

6 comments:

Mary Z said...

Glad to hear that everything worked out well at home while you were gone. And even more so that you had a good time.

Wonderful news about the "no cancer"!

Pat said...

No cancer is great news, Bill. Guess we did it again.

So your mom had minor emergencies but figured them out for herself. This is good news, also. I hope she's proud of herself and still enjoying her stay.

I liked last night's TOP CHEF, too, but then I usually do like it. Agree with your comments, and apparently all the voters agree with me that Dale is the "most annoying".

Bev Sykes said...

I, too, am happy to get the news about the caretaker, and about your Mom.

I agreed with you about Top Chef and was pleased to see that the majority of the voting audience agreed with Dale's annoyance factor!

Too bad you missed the retrospective show. It was fun to see those dances again, especially the "banana man" dance (which, I think, was 5th).

William J. said...

Mary Z

I'm so happy for Susan being cancer free! She is a pretty nice lady.

It was so relazing to be far enough away that I didn't need to worry about the minor things that come up. I also slept better away from here.

Bill

William J. said...

Pat

We did do it again.

The minor emergencies, were cell phone not charged. She had the administrator show her how to charge it and then something wrong with the electric wheelchair, the maintenance man fixed it.

Dale is very annoying but I think Lisa is right up there with him. Dale is probably a more talented cook than Lisa to bad he doesn't have a personality.

Bill

William J. said...

Bev

Several weeks ago I wanted Dale eliminated then he got a little nicer and when he cooked with Richard they were a hard team to beat. Last Dale was back to his old self. I can't think of anyone that would want to be on his team.

I am hoping they rerun the top ten dancing show. Maybe next week as a lead in to the semi-finals!

Bill