Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mom, Dancing, and On The Road Again.

Dancing With The Stars was great last night. I actually think they underscored a few dancers and overscored Marissa. My top couple for the night was Jason and Edyta with just a teeny tiny bit over Kristi and Mark. Cristian and Cheryl were a close third. Tony and Marissa weren't even close to the top three and they should be going home tonight. I'm thinking Kristi and Jason are the winnners. I'd kind of like to see Kristi win since a woman hasn't won Dancing With The Stars since season one.

I go to the doctor in about an hour to get the results of my tests. Then tomorrow morning I am taking off on another short trip. Be gone three days. I am going to my old high school haunts, Klamath Falls, Oregon. Kind of to get in touch with my youth. I want to see if the house we lived in in high school still there, visit the high school (and college) that I went to, and visit the graves of my grandmother and cousin. I will have some pictures of the trip when I return. The trip down is a very pretty drive. You go over the Willamette Pass and go right by Salt Creek Falls. Just beautiful country. Klamath Falls is also the same altitude as Denver so has so pretty scenery in its own right. I might check in when I am gone but will definitely report back in on Saturday.


.
This is my Mom's Mother Day's picture taken this Sunday. She looks darn good for a woman in her nineties.

8 comments:

Mary Z said...

What a lovely lady your mom is! Thanks for sharing the photo.

We've visited several houses where we lived as children. So far, only two had been bulldozed and replaced by a townhouse and a much larger house. With a couple of John's, we happened to see the current owners, and were invited in to look around. Great fun!

Pat said...

That should be a fun trip, Bill. I remember hearing "Klamath No Falls" from somebody, but even without a nice waterfall, the trip there is very pretty, I'm sure.

I agree with you that Marissa should be the next to go. She's done amazingly well, but it's time for her to say goodbye.

Your mom looks great. And she looks happy, which is a Very Good Thing.

Bev Sykes said...

Definitely "darn good" for someone in her 90s!!! Great photo.

Anonymous said...

Your mom looks great! And happy too. Enjoy your trip and best wishes with your doctor appointment.

William J. said...

Mary Z

Wow what fun to be invited into a house you used to live in. That is so neat. Maybe it will happen to me too.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Klamath Falss doesn't have a falls but has the shortest river in the world, The Link River, and one of the bigger fresh water lakes Klamath Lake, it is 40 miles long, 8 miles wide.

I hope Mom is happy but she seems to have a lot of complaints about the new place and still wants me to take care of her at least a few nights a week. Doctor told me today not to do it. Said that I am doing so well that I shouldn't risk anything.

Marissa has done great but she just doesn't dance as well as the other three.

Bill

William J. said...

Bev

Thanks. What was interesting Sunday when I went to a church service with Mom is that the two youngest acting people there were 96 and 92.

Bill

William J. said...

Kim

Always nice to see you here.

The doctor appointment went well and they have reduced some of my medication. He thinks I will get off of all my medication within six months if I keep doing what I am doing.

Bill