Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mom, Emotions, Dancing, and A Great Baseball Story

The trip to Klamath Falls set me back emotionally for a few days. I know this sounds really weird after all the complaining about the time spent at Mom's but when I got back from K. Falls I was really missing the contact with her. Weird, not emotions I thought I would experience. So I went out and had dinner with her at the retirement place and stayed and watched Dancing With The Stars with her. We had a really nice time. Don't worry I'm not going to do anything rash like move her home, I am really done with the intense type of caregiving.

Dancing With The Stars was great last night. Kristi easily won the night. I did think that Jason got jobbed. His free style deserved a perfect score. Jason should have been second and Cristian third. I am hoping the final two are Jason and Kristie.

Two years ago Jon Lester a picture with the Boston Red Sox was told that he had cancer. Yesterday in an amazing comeback story he pitched a no hitter! Wow what a neat story.

May this be a great day for all of you.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Interesting reaction about your mom. My guess? The trip to Klamath brought back all the "stuff" from your accident, including your gratitude to your parents. Whatever the reason, having a nice time with her is a good thing. Good for both of you when it's your wish rather than a chore, so just enjoy it and hope she does, too.

I have to disagree about DANCING. I didn't think Jason's freestyle was that great. Kristi deserved her perfect scores, and I thought the other two were scored pretty accurately. I'd place Cristian ahead of Jason in dancing ability, but I don't feel strongly about who wins, other than if it isn't Kristi, she wuz robbed. But that's DANCING W/THE STARS, and I won't agonize over it.

William J. said...

Pat

I agree with you that Kristi is the best and should win. I just thought Cristian missed a few steps and the audience reaction did it for me.

Yes, it was my wish. I also think the trip brought back memories of a lot of missed opportunities to have friendships and relationships and the shyness prevented it. Made me very sad and regretful.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Anything that touches the BOSOX is magical....:D

William J. said...

Lisa

You must like our Oregon boys then. Ellsbury saved the no hitter with a tremendous catch. I forget the other Oregon guy but he has been doing well too.

Bill