Monday, May 18, 2009

Announcing The First Annual The Dahn Report Trivia Contest

I'm tired of writing about life, elderly parents, love and emotions so it is time to have some fun. There is nothing more fun than contests. So today I am announcing the first annual The Dahn Report Trivia Contest. The winner will receive their choice of a $25 Starbucks Gift Card or a $25 Macy's Gift Card.

On Tuesday May 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time My Post for the Day will be 15 Trivia Questions of varying degrees of toughness. The harder the question the more points you will get for answering it. The contest will end at Noon Pacific Daylight Time on May 20, 2009. At the time the eligible participant with the most total points will be declared the winner. If only two eligible participants tie each will be given a gift card. If more than two eligible participants tie all of the names will be put in a hat and the winner will drawn by yours truly from that hat.

An eligible participant for The First Annual The Dahn Report Trivia Contest is anyone who has posted a comment on The Dahn Report Blog any time in the last nine months. If you haven't posted on The Dahn Report yet, you can still become an eligible participant for the first annuual The Dahn Report Trivia Contest by posting a message introducing yourself between now and the time the contest starts at 7 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time on May 19, 2009.

The fifteen questions will cover music, movies, history, politics, world records, and any other subject I decide on. The answer to the questions can either be posted on the blog or emailed to me at williamjdahn@aol.com. Remember if you post an answer on the blog you may be giving your competitor an answer they didn't know. Any answer posted on the blog or emailed to me will not be confirmed as either wrong or right until the contest has ended. There is no limit to the number of times you can email me the answers or post the answers on the blog. The key is to get the most total points. You get points for right answers but points are not subtracted for wrong answers.

Good Luck Everyone

14 comments:

cd0103 said...

Ooh-- I love trivia contests!
My name is Connie and I am a blog addict.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

Welcome to the blog and welcome to the fray!

Good luck. I really did try to choose some really interesting questions and threw some easy ones in there too!

Everyone please welcome Connie to the blog!

Bill

Mary Z said...

Don't know if I'll be able to answer anything, but I'll be checking in. 8^)

William J. said...

Hello Mary Z

I'm betting that you will get a couple of them right.

Bill

dona said...

Ohhh What FUN! Can hardly wait.

I too may not answer a one, but that won't stop me from trying.

Hiya Connie, welcome to a bunch of other addicts! Hope you stay a while.

William J. said...

Hello Dona Delightful

I am guessing that everyone will get at least two right. And those with dictionaries and almanacs may get more right!

Good luck!

Bill

William J. said...

Oh and Dona

I forgot but what touching comments your husband left on your blog.

I knew I liked him.

Bill

Pat said...

Welcome, Connie! And good luck on the contest.

Bill, what fun! I'll try to check on your blog early tomorrow, but since I'm not an early riser, I'm glad you're not giving points for replies at 7 a.m. {g}

Also, may I plead with you to have no sports or pop music questions? I don't have a chance with those.

I assume the real answers will be posted when the contest is over, right?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I've already have the 15 questions on automatic post. I did review the questions and there is one semi-sports question that I am guessing will be the most difficult question for everyone to answer.

There are some questions re music but more rock and harmony vs. pop.

The real answers will be posted at the end of the contest.

I toyed with the idea of using the correct answer to the spider question as a tie-breaker.

Bill

William J. said...

Oh I will announce the winner around 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on the 20th. I won't be able to do it earlier because our new minister wants to come and connect with Mom. She is blind. So I am going to pick her up at the church and take her to mom's I'm supposed to picker her up at 1:30, allowing for going to and from time, and meeting time it will be hard to be back before five.

Bill

Mary said...

Bill, you are not allowed to use the spider question because your answer is WRONG!

William J. said...

Hi Mary

No I decided I wouldn't use the spider song because I really didn't want to eliminate misguided souls from the contest!

Bill

Lady DR said...

What fun! I can't claim to be good at trivia, but am looking forward to the questions.

Connie -- welcome! Hope you'll stay with us beyond the trivia contest, as this is a neat bunch of people and we love to welcome new folks.

Pat, I'm with you you on sports, although depending on the sport, I'm betting Mom can give me some answers (wry s).

Uh, Bill, good idea about not using the spider question as a tie breaker. Past experience has proven this is sure to set the teeth of the misguided on edge.

Glad we've got a few days to respond, as things look a bit crazy around here right now, but in a sorta good way.

William J. said...

Hi DR

You will do fine, there is even a question about line dancing!

I didn't you the spider song as a tie-breaker because we all know how fragile those eencys are.

Bill