Sunday, May 24, 2009

On Angel's Wings

Things happen to me sometimes that I am afraid to share for fear that people will think that I am one really weird dude. Well at least even weirder than they already think I am. However, I promised you that I would be honest about what is going on in my life even if you think lesser of me or wonder if what I am telling you is the truth. You already know that I have really vivid dreams but what you don't know is that sometimes I have visions. Real visions. They really aren't very often about the future, more often they are about the past or someone living or not longer with us. They are most often happy visions. Seldom sad ones. Always frightening, however, because you wonder why your sub-conscience is transcending to a higher level.

I saw dad today.

As you know our new minister visited Mom last week. Being blind it had to be a real effort for her to take the time to meet mom. Getting dressed can't be easy for her. The little things that all of take for granted have to be struggle for her. I so appreciated her making the effort to visit mom that I thought I should show her some respect and attend one of her services. So I did today. Put on my pink shirt (NY Times says it is OK for men to wear pink shirts), red tie, fitted suit and headed out for the eleven O'clock service. Abut half way through the hour service is when it happened. That is when I saw dad.

Dad and Mom have been members of the church for over thirty years. Dad always sang in the choir. Sister and dad were blessed with beautiful singing voices. Mom, bro, and myself couldn't carry a tune if our life depended on it. Because this is a holiday weekend there was no choir in the church this Sunday. Well, there was a choir of one. Dad was in the choir box, smiling, singing. Then the vision changed to dad flying out of the choir box. He looked so stunning in his white angel wings as he flew off. First he flew over Mom's house in King City. As he hovered over the house he once lived in he blew mom a kiss and told her how much he loved and missed her. Then he flew South and hovered over a city that I think was Los Angeles and as he hovered over a condo on a beach I heard him say, you eventually will live here. Then he flew off to his home in heaven.

I feel really comfortable now that my dad is happy, wherever he might be, because he was smiling his devilish smile throughout the vision.

Was the vision real? Or did I doze off and it was a daydream? Do you ever have visions or dreams that frighten or stun you?

12 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

After my friend Gilbert died, I had three dreams about him. I rarely dream and never remember the dreams, but I still remember these three so clearly today. In the first I saw him clearly, and the 2 subsequent dreams he was farther and farther away and I knew that I needed him less and less, as I adjusted to his death.

I don't know if I really saw him, but this was more than a dream, and delivered very helpful real-life messages. I want to believe, so I do.

I'm glad you got to see your Dad.

William J. said...

Hi Bev

Thanks for the post, it makes me feel less lonely.

I'm glad you were able to adjust to Gilbert's death I remember you talking about him mon CIS, he must have been one really good man.

Bill

Pat said...

Well, whatever that was, vision or dream, it was a nice thing to have happen.

You know me, Ms. Pragmatic Total Unbeliever, so I'd probably vote for your having dozed off. However, there is also the possibility that such visions only happen to those who are open to them, and they never happen to me because I'm not. So I try to keep an open mind on such things, while apparently not so open that any such visions come to me. You are probably the lucky one here. {s}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm not ruling dozing off to sleep either but there have been at least three other instances in my life when I experienced those visions. One was when I was driving so I am assuming that one wasn't because I didn't doze off (s)

Who is to know who the lucky one is? It very well could be you.

Bill

dona said...

I am the most skeptical/unbeliever there is.

My lifelong childhood friend died suddenly and I saw her a few times such as Bev described. I know the Shankster has done this many times for his dad and mother. I believe him also. It kind of makes you feel warm and snuggly.

I am glad you saw your dad also.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I used to be extremely skeptical until once a voice saved my life, then I just shook for an hour afterward.

I knew I liked the Shankster!

Hope this finds you and yours enjoying the weekend.

Bill

redwhistle said...

I have never ever believed in angels until something happened to me in 2005 (long story) that I was stunned by and now I believe in angels. They were silly and giddy angels and were crowded into the back seat of my car I felt their presence and heard them laughing and yelling. Up to that point I was a skeptic. I never have had that happen before or after again.The other evening about 3 weeks ago I saw a ghost. She came through the double doors and walked right thru a cabinet. Up to that point I never believed in ghosts. Have also had 2 out of body experiences when I was a teenager only a couple years apart and that has never happened to me again either. My ghost sighting surprised me as I had never believed in ghosts. Do I believe all that has happened-I am still not sure. After my father died I saw him for years and the evening of his death I felt and saw him walk around the room. Maybe I am the one who is weird and not you Bill.In all these instances I was wide awake! There are lots of things I believe that happen no can explain nor do I try to either.

William J. said...

Hi Red!

So good to see your name here, I've been wondering how you were doing.

What happened to me to make me believe in angels was several years ago. We always had a family reunion type Christmas in the mountains near Klamath Falls. Most of the family would leave a week before Christmas to go to our cabin. I always had to wait until a day or two before Christmas before I left for the holidy. It was right before tax season and I had to always get all my organizers out. One year as I was traveling alone. I was about 30 minutes from the cabin. If you have ever been in the mountains in Oregon in winter you know it is absolutely pitch black. Even head lights don't really help you. I was tooling along at about 60, I was the only one on the road, when I clearly heard my cousin Debbie's voice (she died several years earlier at age 14) yell "slam on your breaks". I did. And I missed by inches this 300 lbs Black Bear crossing the road. That made me believe in angels right there.

Although I have never seen a ghost I am certainly not going to rule it out. It would scare me though. Did it scare you?

I have had one or two out of body experiences. I've also had some amazing things happen that had to have someone behind them.

Thanks for the nice post. You obviously have a very strong spirit.

Bill

redwhistle said...

I have a friend who sees people's auras and she has seen mine and says mine is very vivid. I guess it would have to be (haha!) Enjoy the sun.

Kaye R said...

Bill.. what an awesome day! I haven't actually seen my Dad, but I've felt his presence many times since he's passed away. I always find them comforting. I've also learned to listen to that little inner voice too. It's NEVER been wrong. Not sure if those gut feelings are angles or what... but I totally trust them.

After Dad died and we moved Mother closer to us, she told me one day that she had woken up in the middle of the night several times and saw Dad standing at the foot of her bad, like he wanted to ask her something. I asked her if she asked him what he wanted, and she said no.. he's dead. But, she never saw him again. What is interesting is she grew up in a house her Dad built and she swears it had playful poltergeist that were always moving stuff around. So, I would think she would have been open to speaking to Dad. (shrug)

I'm glad you saw your Dad. I know you miss him.

William J. said...

Hi Red

I've also been told that I have a very stron aura.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Kaye

What in the world are you doing up so early? Hope everything is ok with you and your mom.

I found it really comforting to know my dad was alright.

It very well could be a combination of gut feelings and angels!

It also surprises me that your mom didn't talk to your dad!

Bill