Saturday, May 30, 2009

Another Sample Question, You Choose The Prize

As of now eligible participants for the contest starting at 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time on June 15, 2009 right here on The Dahn Report are Dona, Pat, DR, Kaye, Mary, Mary Z, Redwhistle, and Bev . In order to be an eligible participant for the “what do these three things have in common” contest you must post a message anywhere on The Dahn Report between now and when the contest starts.

The sample question for today is: What do the names John Denver,Tony Orlando, River Phoenix have in common. The answer is not celebrities. Neither is the answer them all being dead.

As you all know I've really been working hard cleaning out my garage and my house. Trying to clean the clutter out of both my house and my life. I really have found some interesting things and some things that may be good prizes for the contests that I am going to hold here on the blog either monthly or quarterly. I'm thinking of offering one of my finds as a prize for the contest coming up June 15, 2009. However, what I am going to do is let you choose the prize. You can vote on what prize you would like to win in the contest from now until midnight Pacific Daylight Time on May 31, 2009. The prize with the most votes will be the prize offered in the contest. Your choices are:

A. Glassmasters stained glass art "Angel on Bridge."

"Though waters rage below them & dark storms gather above them, two small children on a bridge, two small children on a bridge are unafraidm protected by the presence of an angel in flowing pink and green robes." Size is 8 1/2 oval and includes a chain for hanging. A picture is at the end of this blog entry.

B. Your choice of Gift Cards

Either a $25 Home Depot Gift Card (Fathers' Day is coming up) or a $25 Stabucks gift card.

C. Offer the choice of A or B.

OK today's questions is what do the names John Denver, Tony Orlando, and River Phoenix have in common. And vote A, B, or C as to what prize you would like to win.

Click on the following pictures to enlarge them:



8 comments:

Mary Z said...

Didn't read far enough before I answered - but I don't care about any prize. But I'd choose "B". The stained glass is lovely, but I'm working too hard trying to get rid of stuff in MY house. LOL

Pat said...

Once again, I'll echo Mary Z. I also shot off an answer before reading about the prize voting.

As you may be able to predict, no angels for me. I'd have to go for B with a tilt toward Starbucks. But really, I don't care about prizes, either. I'd be happy with recognition if I manage to get enough answers right.

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

Kaye voted for the glass, DR voted for the choice, and you and Pat voted for B. So far B is leading.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

So B is in the lead!

Bill

Mary said...

I vote for a choice, but for me, you know what I'd pick. Starbucks all the way! Heh. I love the angel picture, I had a print of that in my room growing up. For some reason it doesn't seem appropriate to have one in my house, and my kids would laugh at me, but it is nostalgic.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

Seattle and Starbucks kind of go hand in hand!

The vote so far is choice is leading with three votes, gift card two votes, and angel one vote.

Bill

Pat said...

Was choice among the three things an option? I'll change my vote to that, while still being happy with no prizes at all.

William J. said...

Hi Pst

Choice C was a choice between A & B

Bill