Monday, August 17, 2009

Dancing With The Stars, Season 9 Lineup

This morning on Good Morning America they announced the cast of Season 9 of Dancing With the Stars. Their professional partners will be revealed tomorrow. For season 9 they have added four new dances; the Bolero, the Charleston, the Two Step and the Lambada.

Here is how I handicap the season. I reserve the right to change my predictions daily or weekly.

Here we go:

16. - Tom Delay (former house majority lead 500-1

( I hope he is gone first. I would have been less upset with Michael Vick and I despise him)

15. - Ultimate Fighting Champion - Church Liddell 400-1

(even Google doesn’t know who he is)

14. - from Iron Chef America - Mark Decascos 300-1

(hope he cooks on the dance floor)

13, - Joanna Krupa (model) 150-1

(voted sexiest swimsuit model in the wold)

12. - Kelly Osbourne, daughter of Ozzie Osborne 100-1

(ugh an Osborne)

11. - Sports Illustrated model - Kathy Ireland 90-1

(Model, actresses, infomercial star) 46 years old. Will root for her.

10. - TV star - Melissa Joan Hart 80-1

(Sabrina, the Teenage Witch)

9 - Donny Osmond 75-1

(Marie Osmond’s brother)

8. - Snowboarder - Louis Vito 70-1

(Google doesn’t know him either, but he is my surprise pick to do farily well.)

7. - Debi Mazar (from tv show Entourage) 65-1

(Entourage actress. 44. Love her)

6. - Pop Star - Aaron Carter 60-1

(The youngest male solo artist to have four Top 40 singles)

5. - NFL player - Michael Irvin 50-1

(Hall of Fame wide receiver, teammate of season 4 winner, Emmett Smith)

4. - Ashley Hamilton (son of George Hamilton)

(George Hamilton finished in the top four season 4. Now his son gives it a go)

3.. Olympian - Swimmer Natalie Coughlin 15-1

(first American female in modern Olympic history to win six medals in one Olympics)

2.- Grammy winner Macy Gray 10-1

(she has a singing style heavily influenced by Billie Holiday and Betty Davis.

1 - R&B artist - Maya 5-1

(Hip hop R & B style. Appeared in Movie, Chicago. Has dance experience)

I hope you are dancing through life today. If you were to be on a reality show, which one would you be on? One already on or one that you would create? I'd go on The Amazing Race with my brother or create a new one, Cooking For Dummies.

TODAY’S TRIVIA:

YESTERDAY’S ANSWERS:

John Cocktosten, Dr. Rosen Rosen, Harry’s Truman. ALIAS THAT CHEVY CHASE USED IN THE MOVIE FLETCH.

Epstein, Washington, Horshack.. CHARACTERS ON WELCOME BACK KOTTER.

Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Melanie Griffith. Other than being actresses. ALL MARRIED THE SAME MAN TWICE. AND THEY WERE ALL CHILD ACTRESSES/

The presidential inauguration, The Olympics, Leap Year. EVERY FOUR YEARS.

A cavity, a donut, a prescription, ALL CAN BE FILLED.

TODAY’S QUESTIONS:

Ronald Reagan, Thomas Delahanty, James Brady.

Herb Talek, Bailey Quarters, Jennifer Marlowe

Perwinkle, Azure, Cerulean.

Inspector Fenwick, Nell, Horse.

Bread & Butter, Midget Gherkin, Kosher Dill.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Not exactly dancing through life today. It's my day to make phone calls: doctors, banks, the company that provides my mom's hospital bed and wants to charge me twice for everything. Not fun phone calls.

I doubt I'll even watch DANCING this year, or only when there's nothing else on. Tom DeLay??? Ick. The "Chairman" from IRON CHEF may be interesting. On CHEF, he does a nice somersault... if that's really him. Otherwise, they are all a bunch of 'who cares' people to me.

I don't think I'd go on any reality show. Maybe AMAZING RACE, except they make people eat bugs, and I wouldn't do that. I'd let them make over my house if they wanted to.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'd let them make over my house too!

I'll watch Dancing. Every year when they announce the cast it is usually a bunch of nobodys but then some pople become interesting.

Rumor had it that LaToya Jackson turned down Dancing With The Stars because she wanted to replace Paula as a judge on American Idol.

Bill