Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm Back.

Did you miss me? Sorry about yesterday it just was so busy that the day got away from me and there just wasn’t room in the day for me to write on the blog. One of the things that I did do was to mail out the prizes and the calendars yesterday,. Look for an oversized envelope with a return address of Doofus Dahn from Sherwood, Oregon to arrive at your house by Saturday or Monday at the latest. . If you don’t get your gift card by Monday make sure you let me know.

Here is what I was doing yesterday:

Fixed breakfast for Mom.
Stopped by the firm that bought my business to pick up my royalty check.
While there was given an unexpected work assignment.
Mom’s grocery shopping
My grocery shopping.
Filled my car with gas.
Filled mom’s car with gas.
Took Mom to lunch.
Returned books to library and checked out more books for mom to read.
Went to the corporate bank to deposit a check and order deposit slips.
Went to the personal bank to make a deposit and order checks
Stopped by the UPS store to get a container to store a film that I have.
Went to Safeway to buy the contest gift cards.
Went to Walgren’s to buy the larger mailing envelopes to mail the calendars.
Got the cards and the calendars addressed.
Went to the Post office to mail everything.
Drooped clothes off at Dry Cleaners.
Reconciled my corporate bank account.
Reconciled my personal bank account.
Paid bills.
Went through the stack of paper on my desk to see what correspondence needed to be responded to.
Sent some thank you cards out.
Got the work assignment in order to start working on it. I have a working style that fits me. I go through all the documents and sort out documents that I don’t really need because most of my clients (except Pat who sends exactly what I need) send way to much information. Put the documents in order of the tax return. Then I do the work! The work is today's schedule.
Responded to emails.
Watched Top Chef Masters (which I fell asleep during. So will watch it today.)

Now the real big thing that I did yesterday was to write a chapter in my book. A friend mailed me a CD that she had recoded for me with some pretty neat music on it. I listened to the CD while I was driving around running errands. One of the songs was really inspiring and while listening to it, it mentally transmitted to me a place that I had been thinking about in relation to a chapter that I had been thinking about. When I got home I sat right down and began writing that chapter. It was a really hard chapter to write because it was a combination of mystery and romance. Mystery I can do but romance it really hard for me because in real life I am obviously not very good at or I would be married alright already. I don’t know but maybe at some point in the next century I will share that chapter with you and ask for your ideas on how I can improve it!

While I am thinking about it, if you would like to suggest a topic for me to write about on the blog I am all ears.

The answer to Tuesday’s trivia:

1. Name the rock group that was made up of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn, and Roy Orbison.?

The Traveling Wilbury’s

2. Who was the only regular cast member of the TV show M*A*S*H* to actually serve in the army in Korea?

Jamie Farr.

3. Who played Chandler’s father on Friends?

Kathleen Turner, believe it or not. She played Charles Bing in several episodes of “Friends”, including “The One With Chandler’s Dad” which aired on May 10, 2001.

4. At 85 hours what is the longest movie ever made?

THE CURE FOR INSOMNIS. It premiered in its entirety at The School Of The Art Institute in Chicago, Illinois from January 31, to February 3, 1987 in one continuous showing.

5. An earthquake that measures 8 on The Richter Scale would be how many times stronger that an earthquake that measured 4 on The Richter Scale?

It is 10,000 times stronger. The Richter Scale is logarithmic, which means that each successive whole number represents a tenfold increase in power.

TODAY LET’S DO WHAT DO THESE THREE HAVE IN COMMON:

An iceberg, a tongue, a waiter or waitress.

Rip, hack, buzz.

Cob, pent, cygnet.

Alamogordo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki.

East of Eden, Rebel Without A Cause, Giant (besides movies or books)

Hope this will be a great day for all and I hope you will all forgive me for disappearing without an explanation yesterday.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Yes, I missed you. But I completely understand, having seen your itinerary for yesterday. And with all those errands, you still managed to write a book chapter? My virtual hat is off to you!

And thanks for the shout-out. I pretty much send you everything I have, so if I had more, I'd probably send too much, too. {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for mssing me.

And you are one of the few that reads and fills out the organizer.

Mostly I just get paper sacks of information.

Bill

Lady DR said...

So, why not try to do a week's worth of work in one day?

I did miss you and hoped all was well and you were just busy, which was obviously the case. Hope you got a chance to catch your breath today!

Pat said...

Oh, dear! Paper sacks of information? How confusing. I like the organizer because it gets me organized, which is help I need badly. Without it, I'd surely miss stuff I should be including. Or include far too much.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I just got up in the morning and started doing errands and before I knew it, it was 7 at night.

Another busy one today but I did the blog first, at 5 AM this morning.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Yup paper sacks. There is that one time when an lawyer brought in five paper sacks of stuff. In one of the sacks was his laundry.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://bicahuxe.kogaryu.com/tosixax.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money