Monday, August 24, 2009

Entertainment Day

We will call this entertainment day. Just a blog note before today’s entry. Most likely there won’t be a blog post tomorrow and if there is one on Wednesday it may be late in the day or early in the evening. My schedule is brutal the next couple of days with a business lunch on Wednesday and tonight and tomorrow at Mom’s. Plus there is a men party on September first that I have been designated as the entertainment guy. Twelve to fourteen of us dudes, all with college degrees, get together to act like idiots and kick off the football season. It will be nice to catch up with some of the guys that I haven’t seen for a while. However, as I often have a penchant to do, I created more work for myself. Instead of having the evening catered like I always do I decided to test my entertainment skills and put a really nice meat, cheese, and fruit tray together with several choices of bread myself. Plus a nice desert. So I have decided to shop for the stuff today and tomorrow. It gets me out of Mom’s house and if Mom’s goes along it will break up her day too. If I am proud of what I put together for the men’s night out I will put pictures of it on the blog.

ABC has finally announced the professional partners for Season 9 of Dancing With The Stars starting September 21. Those pairings are as follows:

Aaron Carter with Karina Smirnoff
Natalie Coughlin with Alex Mazo
Mark Dacasos with Lacey Schwimmer
Tom Delay with Cheryl Burke
Macy Gray with Jonathan Roberts
Ashley Hamilton with Edyta Sliwinska
Mellissa Joan Hart with Mark Ballas
Kathy Ireland with Tony Dovolani
Michael Irvin with Anna Demidova
Joanna Krupa with Derek Hough
Chuck Liddell with Anna Trebunskaya
Debi Mazar with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Mya with Dmitry Chaplin
Kelly Osborne with Louis Van Amstell
Donny Osmond with Kym Johnson
Louis Vito with Chelsie Hightower

I may send Cheryl Burke a sympathy card. Ever since meeting Kym Johnson at the first Dancing With The Stars tour that stopped in Portland she has been a favorite of mine. She has a smile that would light up New York during a blackout. However, I’m not really that fond of Danny Osmond so I will be have conflicting emotions when they dance. I love Anna Trebunskaya and have loved the spirited redhead since she was Jerry Rice’s partner in season two. My Mom loves Anna’s husband, Jonathan Roberts. My sister is in Max's corner and even named her cat after him. I don’t know anything at all about either Anna’s or Jonathan’s partners. I love Debi Mazar, Max's partner, so maybe I will join my sister in rooting for her. It is nice to see Louis back, he is a pretty good teacher as he showed in season two with Lisa the Lips as his partner. To bad he is stuck with Kelly Osborne. The couple that excites me the most right now is Michael Irvin and Anna Demidoy. Anna D, if you remember, won the competition to be a professional on this season’s show during last season. She did great things with her partners last year and I am guessing she is really going to do wonders with Irvin.

On another entertainment note. Parade Magazine polled 5,000 Americans on celebrity pop culture in its annual summer pop culture poll. My choices are in parenthesis. I would love to know your choices. According to today’s Oregonian the following are highlights of the survey:

Most Gripping Story of 2009:

Michael Jackson’s death.

(I would choose the inauguration of the first Africa-American President. Then there is the fortieth anniversary of man’s first landing on the moon or Walter Cronkite’s death)

Most Celebrity in need of therapy:

Amy Winehouse

(My choice would be Kim Kardashian or Lindsay Lohan )

Most Promiscuous:

Paris Hilton:

(My choice would be Governor Mark Sanford)

Biggest Trendsetter in America:

Michelle Obama

(my choice would be the same)

Sexiest Male:

Johnny Depp

(from a man’s viewpoint my choice would be George Clooney)

Sexiest Female::

Halle Berry.

(my choice would be Amy Adams)

Sexiest Couple:

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jole

(I am fine with that)

Most Normal Couple:

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner

(I’m not sure if I agree with that but can’t really think of anyone else.)

Hope this is an entertaining day for you. Tell me what your answers are on the above survey question. Would love to hear what you have to say!

10 comments:

Pat said...

About DANCING, all I can say is poor Cheryl. No winner's circle for her this time. I hope she has other gigs lined up.

Good luck with your men's party. I know you'll be a great host.

As to the pop culture poll, I'd certainly go with your choice of the president's inauguration as the most important story. "Gripping"? Not sure about that, but not Michael Jackson, for sure.

Who's Amy Winehouse?

Most Promiscuous? I have no idea, but Sandford is right up there, along with "biggest idiot".

I'll go with you on Michelle Obama, and would accept either Depp or Clooney as "sexiest male". Female? Probably not qualified to judge. I like Pitt and Jolie, so will go with that. Affleck and Garner? Are they married? {g}

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Amy Winehouse is an R & B singer that is either in and our of jail or rehab.

I actually think the inauguration was kind of gripping for a while. So many nutcakse out there didn't want a black president.

I didn't know good old Ben and Jennifer were married either.

Bill

Lady DR said...

We'll miss you, but I look forward to hearing how the men's party goes.

Can't comment on the Stars, as I don't know most of the players and don't watch the show, but I know you'll keep me updated.

News stories: No way can I buy Michael Jackson's death, even if it has captured more media space than it deserves.

Don't know Amy Whitehouse, but saw your explanation. Sanford -- geez, we all just wish he'd resign and got to South America at this point! Pat's comment about covers it. His wife gains more admiration every day -- maybe she could be appointed gov.

William J. said...

Hi DR

They are still talking about Jackson on the Larry King show, for goodness sake give it a rest and talk about something else.

Everytime Sanford tries to say he is sorry he digs a deeper hole. Someone should advise him to shut up. The wife is a hero in this.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Oh, Bill, I can't begin to tell you how many people have told Sanford to just close his mouth and quit talking! LOL It's become a joke, which would be a lot funnier if he wasn't so clueless and such an embarrassment. As I said, most everyone just wishes the man would go away.

William J. said...

Hi DR

So besides cheating on his wife he isn't real good at taking advise either.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Ummm, at this point, we've not decided what Sanford is good at, other than faux pas of various types. Remember, this is the man who hauled three pigs into congressional chambers a couple years ago (three pigs who were not house trained, so to spesak) to show he didn't approve of pork-barrel spending. He has not had a lot of what one would call an elected leaders "finest moments." Unfortunately, his Lt. Gov isn't a big improvement, although he's kept a very low profile since the police chase on speeding and his charges of resisting arrset while in office.

And Alaska, my old home state, thinks they're the only ones with a problem?

You just can't fix "stupid."

William J. said...

Hi Dr

At least the Alaska One has really nice looks!

Bill

Unknown said...

I was a huge Donny Osmond fan when I was 10 years old. But I don't know who Kym Johnson is. What say we just root for the two of them together? I don't get the programme on Singapore TV so you'll have to keep me updated! And I promise to swing by more often to check the updates. :)

William J. said...

Hi Snug

Kym Johnson is a beautiful Australain professional dancer. You can read about her here:


http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/kym-johnson/287156

And I will keep you updated on Donnie's progress but you can actually watch all his performances here:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars

Bill