Sunday, August 16, 2009

Updates: Entertainment Update & Your Update?

Since I update you on my life daily, I don’t really need to update you today. It is really your day to update me. So instead of updating you about myself I am going to do an entertainment update. Then I will sit back and let you tell me about your life. Tell me everything. Any secrets? Give them up! Any events attended or attending? How are your elderly relatives doing? How are your children doing? How are separations from the elderly going? Any exciting trips just completed or planned? And if you are new to the blog or have been reading the blog for a while and never posted we all would love you to introduce yourself. You could meet some great friends here!

First entertainment update is the movie, FUNNY PEOPLE. Don’t waste your time. Terrible movie. Well actually the movie would have to improve to be terrible. I’d been better off spending the two hours having a full body wax. It would have been a less painful two hours. My advise to the readers here. Don’t go.

Second entertainment update is Top Chef Masters. The finals are this week starting at 10:15PM, 9:15PM Central on the Bravo Channel. In the finals are Hubert Keller, Rick Bayless, and Michael Chiarello. They moved on the finals after this week’s semi-final that disappointedly saw Anita Lo eliminated instead of Michael. Hubert Keller won the night. Rick Bayless came in a close second. They finished one two because the were able to inspire their team of former Top Chef Contestants. My man Hubert was “stuck” with Spike from Season 4 but also had Antonio from season 4, and Elia from season 2. Rick had Alex sason 5, Richard from season 4, and Betty from season 2.
Hubert and Rick gracefully attributed their success to their team. Because of their attitudes everyone wanted to work for Hubert and nobody wanted to work for Michael.
After this week I am back to dislking Michael but am still rooting for Hubert. GO KELLER.

Right before the finals of Top Chef Masters, Top Chef- Las Vegas makes its debut at from 9 PM to 10:15 PM, 8 to 9:15 Central time. I wonder why Top Chef have never had a Top Chef Portland since Portland is known to give New York a run for their money as the restaurant capital of the world. Portland has more restaurants per square foot than any city. Oh well, maybe next season. Competing on Season 6 of Top Chef are:

Ron Dupret, Executive Chef, 40, Haiti, Naples, Florida.
Robin Leventhal, Chef, Artist, Teacher, 43, Sun Valley, Idaho, Seattle, Washington.
Pteeti Mistry, Executive Chef, 33, San Francisco
Michael Voltaggio , Chef de Cuisine , 30, Maryland. Los Angeles.
Michael Isabella, Executive Chef, 34, New Jersey. Washington, D.C.
Mattin Noblia, Owner, Iluna Basque, 29, France. San Francisco.
Laurine Wickett , Chef / Owner Left Coast Catering, 38, New York. San Francisco.
Kevin Gillespie, Executive Chef, 26, Atlanta, Georgia.
Jesse Sandlin, Executive Chef, 30, Baltimore, Maryland.
Jennifer Zavala , Sous Chef, 30, Cromwell, Ct. Philadelphia.
Jennifer Zavala , Chef de Cuisine, 33, Philadelphia
Hector Santiago, Chef-Owner, Pura Vida, 41, Puerto Rico. Atlanta.
Eve Aronoff , Chef-owner Eve, 40, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Eli Kirshtein, Executive Chef, 25, Atlanta, Georgia
Bryan Voltaggio, Chef-Partner VOLT, 33, Maryland.
Ashley Merriman, Chef, 32, New Hampshire. Seattle.
Ash Fulk, Sous Chef, 29, Pleasant Hill, California. New York.

You can read the complete bios here: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/bios. I have already picked my favorite. Of course it is the oldest contestant. Teacher Robin Leventhal.

The blog is now yours. Tell me everything. If you are Top Chef fans are you looking forward to both the finals of Top Chef Masters and the beginning of Top Chef-Las Vegas?

TRIVIA:

YESTERDAY'S ANSWERS:

Vandella, IMAN, Paulina. - MODELS.

The Monster, Phantom of The Opera, London After Midnight. Other than being movies or plays. LON CHANEY MOVIES.

Fleet, Vice, Rear. ADMIRALS.

Moses, Superman, Cabbage Patch Dolls. ALL CAN BE ADOPTED.

Macaw, Toucan, Cockaiel - BIRDS.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS:

John Cocktosten, Dr. Rosen Rosen, Harry’s Truman.

Epstein, Washington, Horshack.

Elizabeth Taylor, Natalie Wood, Melanie Griffith. Other than being actresses.

The presidential inauguration, The Olympics, Leap Year.

A cavity, a donut, a prescription.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Updated early. Follow-up: things seem to be going okay with mom's new suite-mate. Too soon to tell, really.

I'll still be happy with whoever wins "Masters". And of course I'll be watching Top Chef's new group, with no favorite going in. It sure seems like a LOT of contestants!

Adopted?? That sure would never have occurred to me. [g]

A bunch of real stumpers today, at least at first glance. I'm intimidated, but may take a run at them later.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Don't be intimidated! You always do great!

Rumor has it is that the hardest two or the first one and the liz taylor one. A lot of people are going to Chase the answer on the first one and some may even try the same thing twice on the Liz one.

Bill

dona said...

Nothing really new for me to update. I do however have a few days just to myself and hubby. Dad is on the second of his annual golfing trips. It is usually for just 4 days, but he told us he was going to drive himself and afterwards was going to spend some time visiting relatives. He mentioned he was going to be gone for at least another week. I thought it would be great not only for him to visit his brother, but for me too..(yes a bit selfish) but then a week or so before he mentioned he was just going to go a few days before..ok so at least we will get a week to ourselves...but then he changed his mind again. So we end up with 6 days, providing he doesn't show up early as he has in the past.

As for Top Chef Masters? I for some reason could not get into it. I tried to watch the first 3 episodes but never watched the rest. I don't know why as I love to watch Top Chef! So I am planning to watch Top Chef Las Vegas. Hey I think you should drop them an email, mention they should come to Portland, see what happens.:)

Going to tackle the questions now. Look fairly easy.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Wow we usually agree but I actually liked Top Chef Masters better than Top Chef because of the respect the contestants showed each other.

I am so tickled that you are getting some time with your hubby and to yourself!

And you aren't being selfish to want some alone time. Change the locks in case he comes home early.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Pat, so glad to hear the first day or so has gone well and holding good thoughts this continues.

Dona, congrats on the extra days for you and Hubby, while Dad enjoys his golf and visiting relatives. You've certainly earned a reprieve.

For me, been a good week. Already told you about Tuesday's call, when they couldn't find stuff. Tonight, was told they're making progress, still haven't found linenes, the unpacking is much more difficult than the packing. Mom's only comment, when I said I missed her, was "Well, it's different here, but I'll adjust." Not sure what that means.

Blew away the jam group Tuesday, when I showed up with my electric and amp - hadn't realized they didn't know I owned anything but a standard acoustic (g). Got the car in and out of the shop. I was a bit disappointed in one of the touch-up issues. Gary (part owner)was as upset as I was, but had to go with UAIC's dictums, which aren't his usual standard of quality. Got my editorial hours in M-F-today. Spent yesterday at a full-day line dance seminar with Scooter Lee. Lots of fun, but I have to admit to resorting to Motrin and being pretty creaky the first hour up this morning. What else to expect after six hours of dancing, with a 45 minute lunch break and an hours drive each way? Wouldn't have missed it! (This is the third year I've gone)

Seem to be adjusting to the big change in my life. What's strange is that some days it seems as if Mom was never here, like the last five years never happened. Am I getting delusional?

William J. said...

Hi DR

Glad it has been a good week. I am glad they are making progress. Maybe the next time your mom moves they will help you pack! I think you mom statement should be translated is I miss you like crazy but I can't talk freely while our conversation is being listened to!

Great that you blew away the jam group!

The line dance seminar sounds like a hoot! With so many things that you are adjust too it is a wonder that you don't wake up every day cranky!

It isn't all that strange to feel at times that you mom wasn't. I actually think that is a great step and a darn good coping technique.

Bill

cd0103 said...

I love Top Chef. I am very interested in the two brothers competing.

Top Chef Masters- I love, but wish they would show more cooking. I love that the chefs all respect each other and there isn't any drama. Of course, I love Top Chef for the drama. LOL--

It has been a busy week. We went out with family on Friday, after a memorial mass for DH former mother-in-law and then Saturday we went out with the SO of one of my friends. He is in Manila and it was her b-day, so we wanted her to be with friends.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

It is so nice to have you post!

Another cooking fan! I like Top Chef for the drama also and I like Top Chef Masters because of how nice everyone is too!

Sorry about the former mother in law. It is always hard to lose someone close.

And how sweet of you and your husband to watch out for your friend while the spouse is overseas!

Bill