Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bloodwork

My update: work, lumps, and blood tests. Enough about work. Susan, Mom's caregiver, found a lump under her arm. She is going to the doctor tomorrow. Please send prayers, good thoughts, and positive vibes her way. I could use some of the same. Remember the stress test I had in December? There was a follow-up appointment a week later. Then the heart doctor wanted to see me in three months. Believe it or not the three months is up. I see him this coming Tuesday. I took a blood test Friday. So send whatever you have my direction that my cholesterol comes back normal! Not to mention the CBC.

Entertainment update:

Eliminated on The Amazing Race: Joe & Heidi, thanks to being U-turned by the detectives.

Eliminated on Celebrity Apprentice: Carol The Comedian.

Starting Tomorrow: Dancing With The Stars. I'm rooting for Erin Andrews. She is the ESPN reporter that some idiot filmed through keyholes in her hotel room and posted the nude pictures on the Internet. He is now justifiably in jail. I think she deserves some good to happen in her life. GO ERIN.

Top Chef Masters: Returns with 22 Chefs on April 7.

Speaking of food. According to thatsfit.com there are foods that will make you lose weight. Read the article here:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/03/18/foods-that-help-you-lose-weight/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thatsfit.com%2F2010%2F03%2F18%2Ffoods-that-help-you-lose-weight%2F

I was actually surprised that red meat was on the list.

Besides telling me what foods on the thin list that surprise you, you know the drill. This is the date to update you on your life. Tell me about yourself, your friends, your family, events attended or attending. Share some secrets. Just tell me all about what is going on in your lives. I love knowing more about you. I also love to meet new people so if you are new to the blog step up and introduce yourself. You will meet some really nice folks here.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Lots of good wishes coming for all your tests to be perfect. And for your mom's caregiver to have a good report, too.

Thanks for the update on the shows. I've lost track of just about all of them. Didn't even know another APPRENTICE had started, but after Joan Rivers won last time, I think I'm through with that show. She and her daughter are horrible people.

As to the foods, if you actually ate everything that various articles tell you will do this or that for your health, you wouldn't have time to do anything but eat. I just heard somewhere else about how great cinnamon is for you, though they wanted it paired with honey. Two teaspoons of cinnamon is a LOT. If you want to lose weight, take in fewer calories than you burn. And get some exercise. All diets work if you stick to them, and if analyzed, they all cut your calories down.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thanks for the good wishes for both the caregiver and myself.

I agree with you about the Rivers but this cast seems to be a lot better than last year's. On Comcast they have a feature here that allows me to watch the shows whenever I want. Go go to "on demand", then there is a thing called "tv series" which has under it all the TV shoes (except the ones on ABC) on there the day after they first run. For free then you can watch them any time eve without a recorder. I can't imagine Comcast being the only cable company with that feature.

As to the foods, the only reason I posted the link is because it is the only article that talks about how good red meat is for you.

Bill

PS

I do it cinnamon and it has lowered my blood pressure.

Lady DR said...

Definitely sending prayers and good vibes for the blood tests to come out well and for your caregiver's visit with the doctor today.

Could y'all send some healing and positive vibes this direction, as well. Have been having chiropractic for some nasty shoulder/arm/back problems and, after a year with no alignments, the healing process, as things work back into place, is slow and painful. Pretty much down for the count last couple days. Took a heavy-duty pain pill and did the PT "rest" position and am zippy as the dickens.

As to losing wight, I've often threatened to write a three page, three chapter book: Eat less. exercise more,l repeat

Will talk more later.May go back for more of a lie-down.

William J. said...

Hi DR

OH NO!!! Of course you have all my good vibes and prayers! There is nothing worse than back pain. Take care of yourself and don't lift anything for a couple of days and get plenty of rest!

Bill