Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mean & Green

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/19/if-youre-green-are-you-more-likely-to-be-mean-a-new-study-sug/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoblog.com%2F2010%2F03%2F19%2Fif-youre-green-are-you-more-likely-to-be-mean-a-new-study-sug%2F

I don't know I am pretty aware of the environment and very few people would describe me as being mean. Do you agree with the above article? Does it run true of your friends who are green through and through?

http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/17/britney-spears-jason-trawick-stars-agents/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2010%2F03%2F17%2Fbritney-spears-jason-trawick-stars-agents%2F

According to the above article the new trend in Hollywood is for actresses to date their agents. I wonder just exactly how ethical it is for an agent to date a client. I also wonder whether or not it is a great idea. For us lowly Certified Public Accountants it unethical for us to date clients. The theory is that our advise should always be for the best of the client and that personal relationships with clients could hinder you giving the best advise. In a lot of years in the business I never really dated a client. OK, there was that one time but it was after her divorce and I had adivsed her to use another CPA. What is your take on agents dating client? Ethical or Unethical? Good idea? Bad idea?

May you be green today without being mean.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I wasn't mean today, but I don't think I was more than usually green, either. I see no connection between greenness and meanness, though I found their experiments interesting. Somehow, I doubt they represent the real world, but hey, I could be wrong.

I don't think it's unethical for actors/agents to date, though it could turn into a problem if they had a bad breakup. Agents are supposed to do their best for their clients, and they might have a little extra incentive if they were dating. If not, their own paycheck should be incentive enough. If after a breakup, an agent didn't work hard enough, just get another agent.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Sorry it took so long to respond but I was at Mom's for the last couple of days and just got home.

I don't see any connection between green and mean either. Their tests were interesing but I'd like more information about the people tested. Did something else happen that day, like a bad medical report, that could make them angy.

As for the agent dating his client I can see so many chances for unethical behaviour I just think it is a bad idea. One Example, agent is dating Sandra Bullock and also has Meryl Streep as a client. A part comes up in a movie that would be perfect for Streep but Bullock wants it. What does the agent do?

Bill