Friday, March 26, 2010

Rules Of Love

OK, Mom's caregiver is back in town and I am back among the living. First up are a couple of concerns and requests for positive vibes, prayers, and good thoughts.

DR has been missing lately because she is having some pretty bad back and neck pain. Send what you have her way.

Bev my blog mentor that posts here on once in a while, her mother-in-law fell and broke her hip. She had surgery, which went well, but they are now worried about her lungs. Send what you have her way too!

Your thoughts worked for me. My follow-up appointment went with the heart doctor went well. My blood pressure was 124/64, pulse 68. Cholesterol was 147 (lower than 200 is good.) Bad was 64 (below 100 is good). Now the needs improvement. Good was 37(over 40), Tri-s were 204 (below 200.) Thanks for the vibes and prayers!

On to the rules of love. Here is an article by a woman giving advise on how to deal with us men:

http://www.bvonlove.com/2010/03/23/dating-rules-for-single-women/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvonlove.com%2F2010%2F03%2F23%2Fdating-rules-for-single-women%2F

First, she starts off wrong. Every man I know loves it when a woman asks him for a date. It is just awful for us to get up the courage to make that call, to walk across the room at a bar or church to meet you. Us men are basically chicken. If you want to ask us out, damn it do it. The rest of the advise seems pretty good.

What do you think of her advise?

2 comments:

Pat said...

Welcome back to the living, Bill, and congrats on the good tests!

Already sending good vibes to DR and Bev's MIL, but more are always welcome.

I think all her rules in the article are good. While asking a man for a date might be good with some men, I think as a rule, it's probably risky. There are lots of semi-subtle signals we can send out that we'd be agreeable to a date. {s}

Now here's an update from me. Yesterday, mom had some kind of episode. At first we thought it might be a very mild stroke, but then it seemed more like a TIA, which is similar, but goes away. The visiting nurse today said it could have been a small seizure.

Sometime during breakfast, she suddenly couldn't hold her water glass or swallow properly, and her speech became totally unintelligible. They called me and the nurse. When I got there, she definitely had something wrong. No pain or anything, just garbled speech and she seemed very down. They were giving her water through a straw.

I went off to my own doc app't and went back after, and she was somewhat better. By evening, she was able to eat by herself, drink from her glass and was making a bit more sense, though not up to her normal.

The night caregiver called me to see if there was anything special he should do (there wasn't), and he said she had gone to sleep nicely. This morning, she'd had a shower, which always seems to make her sleepy, but vital signs were fine. I'll go back later when she's awake, and I expect to see more improvement (she says hopefully).

As they always tell you in caregiver groups, "it doesn't get better", but she's been up and down some, and when she's down, it worries everyone.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I just have a ton of empathy for what you are going through with your Mom. I think ups and downs are the hardest thing in the world to deal with. If always down I could adjust and deal with it but never knowing what you are going to get is just awful.

I am glad your Mom is doing better and I do hope you will keep us in the loop and let us know how she is doing.

It is usually pretty risky for a man to ask a woman for a date too! And what happens if you get a guy like me that is clueless and can't tell one sign from the other? In the article she said never ask a man for a date but I think that is wrong to be so all inclusive.

Bill