Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Forward & Update Me

We interrupt this blog post to bring you a special announcement. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAT!

I hope all of you remembered to set your clock forward one hour last night before you went to bed. If not get away from the computer immediately and do it now!!

Every six months I complain like heck about the stupid idea of playing around with our clocks. If you want daylight savings time then damn it keep it all year around and let my body rest in peace. Here is one look at daylight savings time:

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/daylight-saving-time-may-throw-off-our-internal-clocks/19397056?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl1|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fdaylight-saving-time-may-throw-off-our-internal-clocks%2F19397056

Now my update. Work at the firm that bought my business on Monday. Work at my other job Tuesday through Friday. Took mom to lunch on Saturday. Then after lunch met with one of my favorite relatives to discuss some business issues with him. Today I am working on my own two returns, my corporate return and individual return. I haven't done anything really weird this week like last week. No shoes in the fridge or ties in the microwave. However, last Sunday after breakfast with friends as we were all walking out to our cars with me pushing Mom in her wheelchair one of those brain freeze moments happened. I pushed the wheelchair to the back of the car and opened the trunk. Just before I put the wheelchair in the trunk, I remembered my Mom was still in it. Oops. Good thing I remembered what I was doing before anything serious happened. I quickly pushed the wheelchair to the passenger side of the car. Told Mom I was sorry I just wasn't thinking but maybe it was my plan to get even with her for all those times she treated my siblings better than she treated me. Our friends said, "if you ever go missing the first place we are going to look for you is in the trunk." Not only is it dangerous for shoes and ties to be around me, it is now dangerous for my Mom to be around me. Thank goodness, my Mom has a sense of humor, she was laughing so hard she had trouble getting in the car. So were Ted & Betty. Is it really that funny that I have the memory of an ant?

It is now your turn to confess the little secrets going on in your life. Update me on your life. Tell me everything that is going on with your relatives, your friends, and yourself. Have you anytime in life put a friend or relative in a trunk?

Before closing, I wanted to thank Dona. The post yesterday was great. She and hers created something to be really proud of and I am very appreciative that she shared it with us!

4 comments:

Pat said...

Well, first, thanks for the birthday wish, Bill. But this birthday is the worst day of my week, since for some reason I absolutely could NOT get to sleep last night. Very, very unusual for me, but I watched 4 a.m. come and go before finally conking out. Why? Who knows?

Could be worry about mom, who after being downright perky on Friday, was very down and appeared ill last night. Remains to be seen how she is today... I'll be off to see her soon. If she's okay, I'll probably come home and take a nap.

I have never put her in the trunk, I'm happy to say, though there were those times...

William J. said...

Hi Pat

There is no other way to say this but the kind of day you are having just sucks. It is bad enough any day let alone your birthday.

I hope your Mom is OK and is back to being perky.

Maybe the combination of the clock movement and your Mom being ill kept you from sleeping.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear Hazel's down again, after being so perky Friday. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's why you couldn't sleep. I'll hold good thoughts she's better when you see her today and add her to my prayer list.

Yes, Bill, set the clocks forward early last evening, so I'd go to bed on "new time." Didn't help - the body was not ready to get up this AM.

I agree with you and the basics of the article. Could we just go back to "God's time," which we followed for years after clocks were invented and people created schedules by timepieces? We may be tremendously evolved, but studies have shown we're still affected by tides, moon, sun, biorhythms and the like. One may gain an hour's daylight at the end of the day, but you lose it at the beginning. I'd love to see Daylight Savings Time abolished, quite frankly.

Well, I never tried to put Mom in the trunk, that I recall, but I did do some other stupid things involving the walker and some of the store scooters. I still say these are all systems crashes, due to brain overload.

My update... finished the big rewrite editorial project, so can email the client the balance tomorrow and move on to the next one (I currently have three in house and need to review time frames I gave them). I indulged myself yesterday with a two hour manicure and pedicure. Best part of pedicure in twenty minutes in a massage chair that gently pummels back and shoulders, while technician massages feet and calves. Best $30 I could have spent this week/month quarter. Must Indulge Self More Often. As penance, I finished the taxes today and will e-file tomorrow. I was surprised to find we owed about half what I expected, but TaxCut didn't find any errors, so I ain't gonna argue, believe me! There were all kinds of different questions and considerations this year and I think I got them all right (wry s).

Yes, it was great to see Dona's pix and she's given me the name of the cabinet company she found. Her results are a motivation to start doing the measuring and estimates on the needed bathroom renovation here, before the plumbing, tiles and/or sub-floor give out. Now, if I could just figure out how to stretch the available space in there...

William J. said...

Hi

I see nothing wrong with God's time, if it is good enough for God, it is good enough for me.

Well I am glad I am not the only medical equipment doofus!

Good job on finishing the editorial project! And even better job on indulging yourself with a pedicure and manicure!

I just finished my taxes this morning!

Glad Dona gave you the cabinet information!

Bill