Thursday, June 10, 2010

What I Learned.

I have spent the last two days becoming informed in various accounting subjects and this is what I learned that had nothing to do with accounting:

Boredom is exhausting.

Philadelphia lawyers are better speakers than Georgia accountants.

Men are slobs and have very bad aim. Could I get away with using the women's rest room at future seminars? I'm not a neat freak but come on men hit the damn urinal and don't forget to flush.

Men don't read instructions. The sign under the rest room light that says "to save energy turn out the light when you leave" means, guess what? Turn out the light when you leave. Why was I the only one turning out that light all day?

Even a bad book makes the day go faster. Harlen Coben is a good author but his GONE FOR GOOD was so far fetched that even I didn't believe it.

When you first arrive at the seminar introduce yourself to the administrator who keeps track of attendance. Then if you sneak out for an hour or two they will know you were there first thing in the morning.

When they make that announcement at the beginning of the seminar, "please shut off your cell phone or put it on vibrate" nobody think it means their cell phone.

Pack a lunch because usually the food they serve there isn't all that hot.

Who Am I will return tomorrow. Yesterday's answer was Harriett Beecher Stowe.

To keep you busy is a following article that suggest what five TV shows should be made into movies:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100610/ap_en_tv/us_film_five_most

My five are: The Good Wife, 24, Lost, Glee, and have to throw a comedy in there, How I Met Your Mother. What are yours?

4 comments:

Pat said...

You are almost too well-informed now, Bill. BTW, women aren't always exactly neat in public toidies, either, but maybe they're a little better. With one exception: women who squat and leave the seat wet should be taken out and shot.

I almost love Harlen Coben, but I do sometimes get lost toward the end of his books. He sure likes complex plots.

TV show to movie -- Not "Golden Girls". It was a cute show, but enough, already. And ABSOLUTELY NO JOAN RIVERS. EVER. DOING ANYTHING.

And no "Lost". I'm still mad at them for cheating in their wrap-up episode. Otherwise, your choices are fine.

I sort of like the yule log idea, for people who don't have real fireplaces. Sort of like watching The Fish Channel if you don't have an aquarium.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Shoot I thought I had a solution but if the seat is wet I had to reconsider.

GONE FOR GOOD really didn't have a complex plot just an unbelievable one. I knew one person that was supposedly dead was alive from the page where she supposedly died. It is the relationship with his brother and what the brother did that was just really far fetched. I'm not being specific in case you haven't read it and are going to. Harlen Coben, Ridley Pearson, and J.A. Jance are currently my favorite authors.

I with you about the Golden Girls and Joan Rivers!

I also like the yule log idea!

Bill

Mary said...

At the seminar I was at last week, a Chicago attorney did four of the sessions I attended. He was just excellent, and he said, right up front, turn off your cell phones. If they go off while I am talking, I will collect $10 from the first person, $20 from the second, $40 from the third, and so on. And STILL people's cell phones went off! He marched right over there and collected that money too. Good for him. Even better, he's donating it to charity.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

I would have loved that attorney!

I'm glad he collected the money and put it towards charity.

In most the seminars I go to there is a hall way just outside the class room. People can go outside to use their cell phones and check the messages. Or do what I do, turn it on and check it at the break.

I like the attorney's solution and going to suggest it at the next seminar!

Bill