Saturday, July 25, 2009

Counting Down To The Contest Start Date.

Just one week to go before a contest starts right here on The Dahn Reprt so if you have never posted a message on The Dahn Report get your buns in gear and do so by 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time on August 1, 2009 so you can enter the contest!

The contest will start on August 1, 2009 at 7 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time and will end August 5, 2009 at 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time. Anyone that has ever posted a comment on The Dahn Report or anyone that posts comment on The Dahn Report before August 1, 2009 at 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time will be an eligible participant for this contest. Eligible participants will be allowed one entry and one entry only. Because this time only one entry is allowed the ante is upped. In addition, unlike in the past, you will not be informed of the right answers until the contest ends. All entries must be emailed to williamjdahn@aol.com before the end of the contest. The winning entry will get to choose their $50 gift card from the following gift cards: Starbucks, Baja Fresh, Red Robin, Outback, Macy’s Nordstrom, Old Navy, and Home Depot. Second place will get to choose a $25 gift card from the aforementioned gift cards. The test will consist of twenty-nine questions covering BUT NOT LIMITED to trivia, who am I, where am I, what do these three things have in common, things about me posted here, and other subjects. You will not be able to Google some of the answers. Each question will have a point value placed with it, the entry with the most total points finishes first, the winner with the second most points finishes second My answers are final. While you may argue the answers the argument will fall on deaf errors and my answers are and will be the official ones. If two people tie for first there will be a coin flip, with the earliest entry getting to choose heads or tails. The loser of the coin flip will win the second prize. If more than two people tie for first Scabble playing tiles reprenting the first letter of the entrants name will be put into a bag and the winners will be drawn from the bag. The first drawn tile will be second place. The second drawn will be first place. Again, first Scrabble tile drawn will be second place. The second Scrabble tile drawn will be first place. The winner of the contest will be announced right here no later than midnight Pacific Daylight Time on August 8, 2009. POST AWAY, STUDY UP.

The answers to yesterday's stumpers:

Is it legal in California for a man in California to marry his widow’s sister? He is dead, dead people can't marry.

Some months have thirty days, how many have 28? All months have 28 days.

If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have? Two.

How may animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark? None Moses didn't have an Ark Noah did.

A farmer has seventeen sheep and all but nine die. How many sheep does the farmer have left? Nine.

Today's questions are some brief Who Am I's:

I was born in Siberia, Russia, on April 19, 1987. I have been playing tennis since I was four years old. I won the Wimbledon title at the age of 17. Known for having a strong backhand, I have also won the Grand Slam singles title thrice. I have been ranked among the top 10 players in the world since 2004. Towards the end of 2006, I was the highest paid woman athlete in the world. Who am I?

Born in New York City in 1935, I was christened Allan Stewart Konigsberg. I’m a film director, actor, comedian and writer. I have also dabbled in jazz music. I am best known for my films which have a mixed style of satire, wit and humour. I am also a three-time Academy Award winner and have also won several foreign film awards. Who am I?

I am an American actress and have worked in theatre, television and films. My debut performance on stage was in 1971’s The Playboy of Seville and my film debut came with Julia in 1977. I have been nominated 14 times for the Oscars and have won the Academy Award twice. I have also been nominated 21 times for the Golden Globe awards and have also won the BAFTA. Who am I?


Yesterday I went to The Ugly Truth, which was a lie, today I am going to 500 Days of Summer, and either tomorrow or Monday on the blog depending on mom responsibilities I will post a review of both movies and discuss this week's Top Chef Masters.

May this be a great today and may you always know who you are! Are you ready for the contest? What is on the agenda for you today?

6 comments:

Pat said...

I'll be interested in your take on UGLY TRUTH. Our paper's reviewer hated it, but they hate things so often that I don't always believe them. It's low on my priority list to see, anyway. I'm so behind on movies that only the best make the list and often I don't even see them for at least a year or two, if ever. I do want to see the new Harry Potter in a theater.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I just got back from 500 Days of Summer and in my humble opinion this is The Slumdog Millionaire of 2009.

Ugly Truth had its moments but overall was ugly.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I liked yesterday's questions better (g). Bummer on the two films being a bust.

MY agenda today ranged from laundry to getting Mom's room ready here to packing the last of the kitchen stuff (I hope) to cleaning both microwaves and scouring the oven and racks. Thank the Lord, that's done! We bring her over here tomorrow night.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Only one of the movies was a bust.

You just always stay so busy!!

I really do hope that you will get some peace after your mom leaves.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Not being busy isn't an option at the moment (wry s). Yes, after Mom moves things will be much quieter, but I'm finding that, while I'll be eternally grateful to pack the last box and clean the last whatever needs cleaning, the fact that she's no longer down the road isn't real easy to deal with at the moment. Change is always trauma, no?

William J. said...

Hi DR

Your feelings re your mom doesn't surprise me. It definitely will be an adjustment and if my experience of the last two weeks is a norm, you will be really lonely for four or five days then you will feel a tremendous amount of relief.

Bill