Monday, July 13, 2009

My Lifetime Match

The answer to the Jeopardy quiz and today’s easy question appear at the end of today’s blog. The first day went well. I got at Mom’s and said my goodbyes and then waved as Mom, Sis, & B pulled out of the driveway at 7 AM this morning. The rest of the day: I picked up a work assignment at the firm that bought my business, then had a nice quiet lunch at home, ran to the post office to mail Mom’s handicap certificate to Utah (they called and let me know they forgot it), had a nice dinner at a restaurant while reading a book, and then took some tests on Facebook.

Here is the link to the test I took, “who is your lifetime match": http://apps.facebook.com/who-is-your-l-hihbbi/?start=1&target=home&_fb_q=1

This my result:

“William took the Who is your lifetime match? quiz and the result is They are born between September 24th - October 23rd

People better watch out! A true enchanter, you have several tricks up your sleeve to cast them under your spell. You're a regular player in the seduction game. Passionate and spirited, you fall in love in no time but you tire of it quickly. You need time to find the love of your life but when Cupid's arrow hits you straight in the heart, you give your body and soul to that lucky soul. You only have eyes for them and do anything to make them happy... in the beginning at least! You're not the kind of person who likes to receive orders and you make a point of demanding your independence. Overall, your love life doesn't stick to any kind of routine and your partners sometimes struggle to understand you. When you team up with these you will make a most delicious duo, they are laid-back and luscious which is completely contrary to the rough and tumble you.This twosome are so terrific for each other they're bliss to behold. Assertive you will teach them to stand up for themselves more and not act like doormats, so no one can stomp all over them. Togetherness can be terrific, everyone's unique in some way or another. Here there is often a strong physical or emotional attraction between you both. A lifetime match indeed!”



WOW. OK, so if there is anyone out there born during that time reading this and wants a free trip to Oregon to meet with a pleasant dude, email me! Of, course I must warn you that I’m nothing like described in the above blurb. Am I? The ones that know me does that sound like me? It doesn't to me.

And speaking of tests on Facebook the other test result was cheap pickup lines to use. Mine came out: "Do you have a map? I am lost in your eyes." Yea or Nay?

The answers to Jeopardy are in capital letters following the question. With this feature a motor vehicle’s power can be transmitted to both axles. FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. After liberation form the Nazi forces in 1945, this nation declared its government the Fourth Republic. FRANCE. It’s a unit of four inches used in measuring the height of a horse. HANDS. Alcacus, Arion, Sappho, & Terpander were the 4 ports of this island. LESBOS. From the Greek for “four faces”, it is a geometric solid with four faces. TETRAHEDRON. FINAL JEOPARDY - CATERGORY IS FROM THE LATIN: Derived from the Latin for “to walk”, this word is often printed backwards to be seen in rear-view mirrors. AMBULANCE.

The winner was Pat with 12,000 points. DR also had 12,000 points but she slipped to second because she didn’t put her answers in the form of a question and Pat did. The shame of it all, Dr.

Today’s question. I was founded by two men, one from a city in Maine and one from a city in Massachusetts. Had the coin come up heads, I would be named Boston,. Google Pettygrove and Lovejoy and you may find the name of this West Coast City. What was I named when the coin came up tails?

If you haven’t found your match, I hope you do soon. And now that I know what pickup line to use and who to use it on, I may find my match soon!

8 comments:

redwhistle said...

Uh oh Bill-my birthday is October 5!

Enjoy your "free time".

William J. said...

Hi Red

I've been wondering where you where and how you are!!

Good to see you.

And you better watch out for me!!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Yes, shame on DR for not following instructions. I wonder if this is a Fatal Flaw?

Sounds like you had a nice first day on your own. As to the Facebook test... this is not the Bill Dahn I've known for how many years. While I can't disagree with enchanting, seductive and passionate about those things/people who interest you, there's no way you play around with someone's interests or heart or feelings. You are a "stayer," my friend, and when you find the right lady for you, I don't believe there will be any games or such like. I agree that a combination of physical, emotional and intellectural compatability is important to you, based on what I know of you you and our many communicatiosn, but I don't see you flitting about, so to speak. No, the description sounds nothing like you. As to the pick-up line -- forget it!

Let me share a little background (the rest of you can stop reading here). At the tender age of 35, I was still single and worried relatives had given up on me, much to their constertantion. So had I. I was single, making good money, owned my own place, had lots of friends. A dear friend and I agreed, over cocktails after work one evening, that being single wasn't that bad and we were quite happy and "looking for love" was a waste of time. Within 6-8 months, both of us were married. When Walt died, I planned a single future, figuring I'd had as much happiness as anyone could demand, laid plans to sell the house, buy an Rv, take my dog and cat and ramble. That didn't happen and a bit more than a year later I married a friend of many years (we'll celebrate our
23rd anniversary this fall). Bottom line: when I quit looking or decided not to look, I got hit up long side of the head with love. And a future with a wonderful man. I realize I've been more fortunate than most, but there you have it.

Pat said...

Go me! DR just doesn't watch enough TV.

I'll agree with DR right down the line, even if she is TV impaired. The description is not the you that I know, and, well, that's a good thing. As to that pickup line, definitely forget it. In fact, forget pickup lines altogether.

Also agreeing with DR, I think that most often love comes along when you're not actively looking for it.

William J. said...

Hi Dr

Thinking outside the box is one of the many reasons that I love you!

It was a nice first day with some concerns. First they couldn't get the walker in the car so they went they cane route, then when the got there for the hotel the hotel wasn't set up so they drove all the way to Utah in one day. But she survived and I didn't worry.

Gosh enchanting, seductive, and passioante I am flattered but the only of those that I see myself is, is passionate. And I would never play with anyone's emotions and once I find the one she can't get rid of me! Thank you for the nice comments, you don't know how much I appreciate them.

I loved the story about you and your friend not looking but finding love. That really is how it often works.

When is your and Himself's anniversary? I think your birthday is August 25?

Bill

William J. said...

Hi

The think that surprised me is nobody that played jeopard chose to double the points in double jeopardy but everyone went for the maximum in final jeopardy!

Playboy magazine once did a poll of single women between 25-55 as to what there favorite pickup line was and the winner in a landslide was "Hi, I am Bill" No games.

And thank you the nice comments.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Pat, nice to know we're still on the same page in so many ways, after so many years.

Bill, I hear you on the issue of the walker. Rho had to change rental cars and Deb ahd to do a lot of jerry-rigging to get the walker in her car. Hopefully, there's a senior center or rental agency where you sis lives that can provide a walker for your mom while she's down there. A lot of places now do that.

Bill, the reason you're seductive and enchanting is that you're not only passionate (and that leads to the first two), but you're also sensitive to others and that's something people pick up on very quickly. You care about others. A lot of people don't. Seductive is not just sexy and good looking, nor is enchanting, believe me. Looks have nothing to do with any of those issues, despite media leading us to believe otherwise.

You're close -- birthday is 8/26. Anniversary is 11/29.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I knew it was in Agust and in the twenties so I was close. Now I won't forget it again! You anniversary falls on my brother-in-law's birthday.

They have already rented a walker so that should male things easier. The thing is they could have tied it to the top of the car if they had had any foresight.

Thank you for the nice comments DR, you always make me feel good about myself!

Bill