Sunday, December 27, 2009

Award Winning Rest.

The good story:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/steve_duin/index.ssf/2009/12/roosevelt_high_five_loaves_a_c.html

Brother and his wife left yesterday morning for Las Vegas to meet up with their eldest daughter and her family for another Christmas celebration. Niece and her husband are flying out this morning to return to Salt Lake. It was a fun holiday and one of the best celebrations we had in years, however, I am glad to have things going back to normal. Back to a normal schedule. I will miss the most everyone that visited but it is still good to be back to life as I know it. What about you? How are you feeling today?

We all kind of updated each other throughout this holiday weekend so it seems an Update Day would be kind of futile. Let's just call this post anything you darn well please day. Just post whatever you want to and whatever you want to tell us about.

I'm just going to do the update on award nominations and then spend this day resting and recharging my batteries. On the Myer-Brigs I came out an introvert which basically means you get your energy from within and being around a lot of people zaps your energy. So I am hooking the jumper cables up to unmentionable parts of my body and recharge today.

I reported on the Screen Actors Guild Nominations earlier. Today it is Golden Globe Awards, which will air on January 17th, 2010 on NBC. Again my key is W= Will win. S= Should Win. I= The Hurt Locker

MOTION PICTURES

Picture, Drama:

Avatar
The Hurt Locker W, I
Inglorious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire S
Up in the Air.

Picture, Musical or Comedy

(500) Days of Summer I, S
The Hangover
It's Complicated
Julie & Julia W

Actor, Drama

Jeff Bridges, "Crazy Heart"
George Clooney, "Up in the Air"
Colin Firth, "A Single Man
Morgan Freeman, "Invictus" W
Tobey Maguire, "Brothers." I, S

Actress, Drama:

Emily Blunt, "The Young Victoria"
Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side" I
Helen Mirren, "The Last Station" W
Carey Mulligan, "An Education"
Gabourey Sidibe, "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire." S

Director:

Kathryn Bigelow, "The Hurt Locker" I, S
James Cameron, "Avatar"
Clint Eastwood, "Invictus" W
Jason Reitman, "Up in the Air"
Quentin Tarantino, "Inglorious Basterds."

Actor, Musical or Comedy:

Matt Damon, "The Informant!"
Daniel Day-Lewis, "Nine"
Robert Downey Jr., "Sherlock Holmes" W
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "(500) Days of Summer" I,S
Michael Stuhlbarg, "A Serious Man."

Actress, Musical or Comedy:

Sandra Bullock, "The Proposal"
Marion Cotillard, "Nine" S, I
Julia Roberts, "Duplicity"
Meryl Streep, "It's Complicated"
Meryl Streep, "Julie & Julia." W

Supporting Actor:

Matt Damon, "Invictus"
Woody Harrelson, "The Messenger" W
Christopher Plummer, "The Last Station" S, I
Stanley Tucci, "The Lovely Bones"
Christoph Waltz, "Inglorious Basterds."

Supporting Actress:

Penelope Cruz, "Nine" W
Vera Farmiga, "Up in the Air"
Anna Kendrick, "Up in the Air"
Mo'Nique, "Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire" - S
Julianne Moore, "A Single Man." I

Original Song:

"Cinema Italiano" (written by Maury Yeston), "Nine"
"I Want to Come Home" (written by Paul McCartney) "Everybody's Fine"
"I Will See You" (written by James Horner, Simon Franglen, Kuk Harrell), "Avatar"
"The Weary Kind (Theme from 'Crazy Heart')" (written by Ryan Bingham, T Bone Burnett)., "Crazy Heart"
"Winter" (written by U2), "Brothers."

TELEVISION:

Series, Drama:

Big Love, HBO
Dexter, Showtime
House, Fox S, W, I
Mad Men, AMC
True Blood, HBO.

Actor, Drama:

Simon Baker, "The Mentalist"
Michael C. Hall, "Dexter" W
Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"
Hugh Laurie, "House I
Bill Paxton, "Big Love" S

Actress, Drama:

Glenn Close, "Damages" W
January Jones, "Mad Men"
Julianna Margulies "The Good Wife" S
Anna Paquin, "True Blood"
Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer." I

Series, Musical or Comedy "

"30 Rock," NBC W
"Entourage," HBO
"Glee," Fox
"Modern Family," ABC
"The Office," NBC. S, I

Actor, Musical or Comedy:

Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock" W
Steve Carell, "The Office"
David Duchovny, "Californication"
Thomas Jane, "Hung"
Matthew Morrison, "Glee." S, I

Actress, Musical or Comedy:

Toni Collette, "United States of Tara"; S
Courteney Cox, "Cougar Town"
Edie Falco, "Nurse Jackie" I
Tina Fey, "30 Rock" W
Lea Michele, "Glee."

I hope this is an award winning day for you. What is going on in your life today? Got any big plans for the new year? Are you glad 2009 is ending?

9 comments:

Pat said...

Great story about the loaves & fishes, Bill. People can just be so wonderful!

We're kicking back now. My computer is getting a software upgrade, so I can't be on it quite as much as usual. My printer died, and I got a new one and then found the old software wasn't up to it. One thing leads to another, doesn't it?

The kids are off on a hike right now, so I'm catching up a little. Don't know what else we'll do for the week.

As to the Globes, again, I'm not invested in the awards, having not seen many of the nominees. I won't quarrel with your predictions, except to say I think maybe GLEE will do better than you think it will.

dona said...

Glad to hear you are happy to be getting back to normal, Bill. Sometimes it is refreshing to get back into the old routine....or a new one.

I too have not seen many of the nominees, so will just go with you.

The only other thing I would like is to ask here for some good vibes, prayers ANYTHING, for the Shankster as he is beginning to show some strong kidney stone passing symptoms!! ..HELP ME...

oh oh I mean help the Shankster....:)

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I loved the story too. Good for that lady and the fact that a lot of realtives kicked in.

The reason I didn't pick Glee is this is the last year for 30 Rock and last shows are usually awarded a going away present.

You are going to have one dynamite computer system when you get all done! And yes one thing does lead to another.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Of course both you and The Shankster have my prayers and good thoughts. I will mention it in tomorrow's blog post.

I hope it isn't stones, those are so damn painful.

Bill

Pat said...

Dona, lots of good thoughts and vibes coming for the Shankster! I hear kidney stone-passing is one of the most painful things to endure, so I hope either it's something else or that it goes quickly and easily.

Bill, this is the last year for 30 ROCK?? How too bad! I like that show a lot. So it may win again, and I won't mind at all.

dona said...

Thanks guys for the vibes..so far so good....its been hours and no more pain...we know or I should say he knows what he is in for, he has had them like clockwork since the early 70's. And every 2 years since I have known him...but it has been longer this time and we were hoping....

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I may be wrong about it being their last season but it seems like I heard Baldwin say he didn't want to do it anymore and without him it might not be that great.

And I do like Glee.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

We are going to keep hoping. No man as nice as The Shankster deserves that kind of pain!


Bill

nancyb123 said...

Damages the Awsome TV show and Glenn close in that plays great role this show will win victory soon.Wacth Glenn close or to know about her then Download Damages.Really She is greAT.