Thursday, December 24, 2009

Stealing For Christmas

This is one for the books!

http://news.holidash.com/2009/12/24/5th-grader-with-10-000-hands-out-grandparents-cash-on-the-bus/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl7|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.holidash.com%2F2009%2F12%2F24%2F5th-grader-with-10-000-hands-out-grandparents-cash-on-the-bus%2F

What should happen to the boy? And what kind of grandparent would keep ten grand at home, anyhow? And what about those little tattletales that couldn't wait to fink on Robin Hood?

OK, I think the boy should be grounded. At least for a month. And given household chores to do without payment. But I wouldn't take Christmas away from him. I'd let him have Christmas, then I would let him have hell. As to the tattletales, I think they did the right thing. What is your opinion? And do you have any Christmas Stories you would like to fess up to now?

OK, I admit one year I just couldn't wait to see what I was getting and a couple of days before Christmas when nobody was home, I peaked. I unwrapped and checked out my gifts then wrapped them back up hoping nobody would notice the difference in the wrapping. I got caught. Truthfully, my curiousity ruined that Christmas for me. And my parents thought that wa spunishment enough. Your turn.


Today's Who Am I?

Nobody is really sure when I was born but people look for me on sometimes on the evening before a famous person's birthday and sometimes on the day of his birthday. Thomas and Clement helped create the modern image of me. I am known by many different names around the world. And somewhere in the world I show up nineteen days before that famous person's birthday and in some places I show up on New Year's day.. Some say I live in the north, some say I live in perpetual snow, and some say I living on a mountain high. Energy efficient I sometimes give coal as a gift if you get on my bad side. Some say I originated from the Boyana Church in Bulgaria. Some say the reason I came about was an excuse to give gifts to three impoverished daughters so that they would not have to become prostitutes. I am considered a patron saint by many gourps from archers to children of pawnbrokers. Amsterdam and Moscow also consider me their patron saint. In German lore I was called Odin and sometimes I was recorded at the Germanic holiday of Yule leading a great hunting party. Children would place their boots, filled with carrots, straw, or sugar, near the chimney for Odin's flying horse,to eat. Odin would then reward those children for their kindness by replacing the horse's food with gifts or candy. Be a good girl or boy and tell me who I am,

4 comments:

Pat said...

I don't know what I'd do with that kid, but it would be severe. How old is a 5th grader, anyway? Ten? Certainly old enough to know not to steal. Oh, sure, we all pilfered something as kids (for me, it was penny candy from the mom & pop store on the corner). But most of us felt guilty about it and didn't do it more than once or twice. Stealing 10K bucks from grannie and grandpa? Not cool!

I might take Christmas away from him if it wouldn't ruin everybody else's Christmas. And I'd punish him one way or another in a way he'd probably not forget.

I agree that the tattletales did the right thing.

Sorry, no Christmas stories to 'fess up about. None that I can remember, anyway.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

We would have been grounded for life if we had done something like that to our grandparents, definitely not coold. And you hit the nail on the head as to why I wouldn't take Christmas away from him. Because it would ruin everyone else's Christmas

Bill

Lady DR said...

Just stopping in to wish everyone a Merry and Blessed Christmas and hope your day is filled with all you wish for, from family and firends and food to love and laughter.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Bact at you!! And yours!!


Bill