Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Two Christmas Spirit stories.

The rabbit was let out of the bag and everyone hopped to help:

http://www.pawnation.com/2009/12/23/womans-pet-bunny-is-her-angel/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pawnation.com%2F2009%2F12%2F23%2Fwomans-pet-bunny-is-her-angel%2F

She stopped. She wrote her friends. Now she has a new friend.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/portland_woman_helps_a_homeles.html

Merry Christmas Everyone. Hope last night and today are special for you!! We had a nice time last night. We had a nice dinner. Then we played charades. Then we played Catch Phrase. Then we shared gifts. One of the things I enjoyed about charades was it really hit home to me how much the comedy classes helped. I am a lot better at charades then I was before the classes.

I got some nice gifts too. One of the big type of gifts this year is Oregon Duck gear. This is the first time in a lot of years that Oregon has been in the Rose Bowl so the whole state has gone overload on their support of the football team. My sister got me a nice pair of Oregon Duck pajamas. If I do meet Miss Right I hope she goes quakers over the pajamas. I also got a nice tool set. Plus Mom gave me a hundred bucks and a bunch of socks. I also scored a nice shirt and tie.

The gift from heaven went over well. "You can have anything I have but you can't have my woman." That may be a sexist statement but Mom and dad are from a different generation and that was what Dad always said and Mom always loved the phrase. That is how the card from heave started. Written in what looked like dad's writing. It was a special way to end the evening. I think, however, this may be the last year I do it.

I did most of the time bite my tongue at the game circle last night but I completely failed to make it through the entire evening keeping quiet and take one for peace and the team. I will expand on this in another post. To much history and to little time to write about it today. Believe me I tried. And when I did indicate to the offending relative that she had crossed the invisible line it got better. We will see at another family get together today. Wish me luck and not only send me good thoughts and vibes but send me the courage to bite me tongue for peace and harmony today and include a few band aids to cover the holes in my tongue that will be created!

How was your Christmas? What did Santa bring you? Peace On Earth and Goodwill Towards Men and Women?

10 comments:

cd0103 said...

Merry Christmas!

Mary Z said...

Merry Christmas to all! We're having a quiet time this holiday season.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

To you and yours also!!


Bill

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

To you and yours! I am glad you are a quiet time, sometimes those are the best!

Bill

Mary said...

Ah, I gather your sister-in-law's in town? Hope all goes well, and your tongue doesn't hurt too much.

William J. said...

Hi Mary

Good call. Thank you. And Merry Christmas!!

Bill

Pat said...

Merry Christmas or Holiday of Your Choice to all!

Bill, I hope you can type with all those holes in your tongue. Looking forward to the story.

We had a nice Christmas morning with lots of nice and fun gifts. I got a new toaster oven, as mine has been on its last legs for a while now. Also got a puzzle which is defeating me so far, a book I had requested, some fuzzy toe socks, a nice jacket, some stick-on tattoos,and of course some chocolate... altogether a great haul.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Wow did it ever sound like you had a nice Christmas!!!

Bill

dona said...

Merry Christmas to all and hoping everyone is having the best of times.

Bill, hoping your tongue got through the day today and I will also be looking forward to the next post.

For me I had the best time again with my family. Yesterday was spent with the Shankster's boys and this morning with my brother, his family, my dad, and tonite with my boys. The grandboys are so innocent, it just melts my heart.
We both got T-Shirts with grandson pics on them and I got a Nana Bag with all grandkids pics on the outside, & 2 small shelves my son made me so I can put up some of my family pictures. But we spent some patience putting together the computer chair we got for dad....but it was worth it as he simply loves it.

Good eats with lots of sweets.....actually too much of the latter...A very Merry Christmas.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

I am so very glad you had a nice time and that your dad loved his chair!

I love the idea of nana bags and t-shirts with pictures on them!!

Bill