Monday, December 7, 2009

Off To Snooze

Answers to yesterday's practice questions:

Who was the first Hispanic woman honored with a stamp? Frida Kahlo

Who was said to be the first Native American woman author? Christine Quintasket also known as Mourning Dove.

What state had the first woman governor? Wyoming.

Today's question. What will happen to me at the two day accounting seminar staring today in at the Holiday Inn South in the great city of Wilsonville, Oregon.

A. I might learn something.

B. I will be bored stiff and fall asleep.

C. I will read while some boring stiff in a monotone voice talks.

D. I will sneak out and go to movie and make sure I return in time to sign the attendance sheet.

E. I will go Christmas Shopping.

More than one answer may be correct. I think it is safe to say you can't post your answers on the blog in the comment section.

And you might tell me what you think about the Tiger Woods situation. First, I think he is a scumbag for cheating on his wife. He is without a doubt the main culprit in this situation. Second, I think is mistress is also a scumbag for going after a married man, keeping his voice mails, releasing them at just the right time where she can make the most money from them. The only innocent party in this is Tigar's wife. What do you think?

6 comments:

Pat said...

Can I guess "All of the above"?

As to Tiger Woods, you're certainly right that his wife seems the only innocent one in the whole fiasco. Too bad she didn't brain him with that golf club. I imagine she was trying to.

It all reinforces my theory that men in positions of power and/or celebrity just DO this. Oh, of course there are exceptions, probably quite a few. But I can't say that this kind of scandal ever surprises me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat

Answering from the seminar. I did learn something today. California doesn't have an inheritance tax so if I win the lottery. Oregon has one above a million, Washington above two million.

I wish men in power would act as role models instead of as scoundrels.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Today's question: I suspect you'll enjoy your new book, you may inadvertantly learn something and you'll sit through the whole thing.

As to Tiger Woods... I really must get out more. I knew nothing about any of this, from the accident to the tabloid stuff to the various allegations. I've since checked various media reports, talked to Mom and to Himself (he was very ware of it, Mom wasn't, which blew me away, given her sports interests and our shared admiration of Woods. At any rate, I'd say the jury is still out, far as I'm concerned. Given the "bust" occurred in the tabloids, there's no solid proof, he's withdrawn and isn't commenting one way or the other and my opinion of the media, hype and so forth, I want some solid facts and information. I'm not saying he's clean as driven snow, but I am hesitant to hang the man on what I've been able to find so far, particularly given his actions of the past several years with his dad's illness and death, his interactions with his wife and child as seen at tournaments, his charitable activities and such. I want a lot more credible information than I've found so far. For example, the news (versious media/tabloid) reports contend she broke out the windows of the car because the doors were all locked and she could tell he was unconcious inside. Just one example.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I finished the book. Also did learn something. And stopped at the library on the way home to get a book for tomorrow.

The thing that bothers me about Tiger is they played a voice mail from him to his girl friend in which he asks the mistress to remove her name from her cell phone when she calls him because his wife saw the number on his cell phone and was upset and it would be better for him because now his wife was going to call her. That was in his own voice and that is what I find pretty damning.

Get your game face on, contest posts automatically in the morning!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Contact posts start early in the AM? First, I don't do "AM" well. And tomorrow is the LD show at Brighten Gardens, followed wy Wednesday class/review/rehearsal and the dreaded mammo on Thursday. Could we talk about timing for the next contest (BG)?

I'll do my best. Since Himelf advises me the bathroom shower wall is rotted, as well as the subflooring, I could use a gift certificate at a home improvement store, it appears (wry s>

William J. said...

Hi DR

OOPS. OK I will change the ending date to give everyone a little more time.

Bill