Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Dead Bodies

This is not only a good story, it is a heck of an idea!

http://www.oregonlive.com/lake-oswego/index.ssf/2009/12/donorsresourceorg_lets_people_pay_it_forward_on_the_web.html

Not much going on today. Niece and husband are coming from Salt Lake. Since my sister hasn't seen her daughter for a while I am picking up Mom and bringing her out here for lunch and a game of Scrabble or two. Then sis and her daughter can have lunch on the way home for the airport and do it in a quiet setting before all the family gets here for tomorrow night.

My house is as clean as it can be. I am a really good cleaner when I set my mind to it. I do the light switches, behind the refrigerator, under the couch and just about everywhere in sight. Fortunately, I didn't find any dead bodies under the couch but I did find one of my remote controls that was missing.

I am really excited this year about Christmas. More so than I have been in a number of years. The only thing that would have made this Christmas more exciting is if I had met Ms. Right and was spending it with her! First, the weather is much better this year. Last year we had the snow and ice storm from hell. We were housebound for a week. This year it is cold and I can live with that. But no snow or ice. Second, I am looking forward to a bigger Christmas Eve dinner and spending time with some relatives that I haven't been able to spend time with for a while.

Questions for the day. When you get around to cleaning your house do you ever find any dead bodies? Or do you find things that have been missing for a while? How are you about Christmas this year? More excited that previous years? Same feelings as previous years? Or are you going to be glad when it will be all over?

6 comments:

dona said...

Oh Oh...first one!

Bill, you crack me up with your humor, dead bodies...I love it. The way you keep a clean house..I still am wondering why you are still single.

I hope you have a great Christmas Eve Dinner and an even more great time with your family all during the holidays.

I am not tooting my horn, but I think I have always kept a clean house. Since being here though I have to say it is different. There isn't much room and I feel most of the time things are cluttered because of that. It is such an old house and wasn't taken care of in previous 30 years. So some days I will get crazy and think I can do the impossible.

About the Christmas Excitement? I love Christmas just about as much as I love the snow. Its not as it used to be here, but in my heart and mind I still love it and am looking forward to spending the time with my family.

Or I may just take DR up on the offer of her Guest House, sounds Great!

Pat said...

Bill, your Christmas sounds excellent, and I'm glad you're happy and in the spirit of the holidays.

Me? Well, I look forward to having the kids here, and Christmas morning is always fun because we go nutty with lots of little funny gifts. But I can't say I ever have the real Christmas spirit. I think you need a little kid or two for that. While it's fun in part, it's also a hassle, and I really am glad when it's over.

The Donor site is a very good idea. There's also Freecycle.com, whose aim is to keep stuff out of landfills. People list what they have to give away or what they need, and hope somebody can benefit. I've given away a couple of things that way, and it's all completely free.

I never seem to clean thoroughly enough to find a dead body behind the couch. There could be one there for all I know. {g} My house isn't horribly cluttered, but it also isn't terribly clean.

William J. said...

Hi Dona

You just seemed like the type that would love Christmas because it is about giving and you are one 1of the most giving people I know.

I hope your holidays are lovely too and I know you aren't the type to toot your horn!

I don't have a guest bedroom but I can give you my house and go stay with mom!


Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I usually don't get into the Christmas spirit or haven't for a long time but this year just seems good. Maybe it is because the caregiving is downsizing and a job is in place for tax season.

I also think it is good to have kids this time of year! The littler the better!

You better check behind that couch because it there is a dead body it could start smelling after a week or two!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I really like the idea of the OR organization. Wish we had something like that here, rather than tracking down the organizations and what they want/need.

Cleaning -- used to be quite good at it. Over the last five years, it's usually been a lick and a promise. Told myself I'd start changing that by taking this week off. Hasn't happened yet. Haven't found any dead bodies over the years, but plenty of other stuff that needs to go away!

I'm so pleased about your Christmas plans and looking forard to hearing about it. Christmas is... strange for me this year. First year Hinmself and I will be alone for five years. With Mom gone, did lots of elf duties, toy drives, donations and such, but ... something's missing. I thought all that would be "feel good," but... I suspect it has to do with no big tree in the LR and no minilighted tree in the dining/family area and no nativity. And maybe the fact that Mom and Deb will be joined by the Cargillsin AZ. Normally, I'm a really Christmas person. Yet, despite all the cookie baking and deliveries and "good elf" projects, I'll just be glad when it's over, which is highly unusual for me. Maybe Santa will thump me on the head with a whole new attitude tomorrow night, which would be a welcome gift.

Dona, come on out, if you can catch a flight tomorrow. I think company might make Christmas this year.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I think the OR organization would still help you find places to drop off stuff and what they need if you typed in your zip code on their web page.

I always find stuff that needs going away!

It might be fun for you and Himself to be alone this holiday for a change!

In some ways I will also be glad when it is over! I am just more excited about the build up this year than other years. I usually dread it!

If you are alone next Christmas and I win the lottery maybe we all can have a Dahn Report Christmas gathering!

Bill