Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE FIRST ANNUAL THE DAHN REPORT CHRISTMAS CONTEST STARTS NOW!

The first annual The Dahn Report Christmas Contest begins right now!

First prize will be a seventy-five dollar gift card of your choice. Second prize will be a fifty dollar gift card of your choice. Third prize will be a twenty-five dollar gift charge of your choice. If two entries tie for any of the prizes there will be a coin flip to determine the winner. If more than two entries tie for any of the prizes all of the names will be placed in a hat and the winner will be drawn from the hat, first name drawn given the lowest prize, and the last name drawn give the highest prize. The contest ENDS AT 9 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME ON DECEMBER 11, 2009. Point values are assigned to each question with the most total points winning the contest. ANYONE CAN ENTER. ANSWERS POSTED ON THE BLOG WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED AND THE PERSON POSTING THE ANSWERS IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THE BLOG WILL BE DISQUALIFED FROM THE CONTEST, YOU MUST SEND ALL CONTEST ENTRIES AND ANSWERS TO ME BY EMAIL AT WILLIAMJDAHN@AOL.COM NO LATER THAN 9 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME ON DECEMBER 11, 2009. Winners will be announced sometime on December 14, 2009 and may be announced earlier

ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. YOU WILL NOT BE TOLD OF HOW WELL YOU DID UNTIL THE CONTEST ENDS!

DECISIONS OF THE JUDGE, YOURS TRULY, ARE FINAL.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! HERE GOES:

Ten point questions

1. Who is known by some to be the last female bank robber?

A. Pearl Buck

B. Pearl Harbor

C. Pearl Hart

D. Pearl Tombstone.

2. Who was the first African-American to win an Oscar?

A. Hattie McDaniel.

B. Hallie Berry

C. Denzel Washington.

D. Will Smith.

3. The answer to question 2 won the Oscar for what movie?

A. The Titanic.

B. Gone With The Wind.

C. Looking For Mr. Goodbar.

D. Inherit The Wind.

4. Who was the real life Normal Rae?

A. Crystal Lee Sutton.

B. Norma Jeane Baker

C. Marion Morrison

D. Arabella Mansfield.

5. Marry Surratt was suspected as being involved in what event in American History?

A. Man's first landing on the moon.

B. The assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

C. Custer's Last Stand.

D. The Salem Witch Trials.

20 point questions.

6. Who was the first woman Secretary of State?

7. According to The Dahn Report who was the first woman elected to the House of
Representative.

8. According to The Dahn Report who was the first woman to run for president?

9. Who was the first woman doctor?

10. Who was the first woman allowed to practice in front of The United States
Suprmee Court?


30 POINT QUESTIONS

11. The first woman admiral has a nickname that will remind you of a famous
hymn. Name the hymn.

12. This first woman to break the sound barrier was born with a name different than
the one she had when she broke the sound barrier. Give me the two names. 15
points each.

13. Who was the first "living woman author" to have her works published by the
Library of America

14. Who was the first woman appointed Poet Laureate by the Library Of Congress

15. Who was the first woman to hold a full professorship at John Hopkins School of
Medicine.

40 POINT QUESTIONS

16. I took the photograph that was titled The Migrant Mother, Who Am I?

17. My name is Margaret Brent, how many of the original colonies am I given credit
for founding.

18. I am a woman given credit for helping to develop the bottling system at Coca
Cola, Who Am I?

19. My name is Mary Edwards Walker what medal was I the first woman to win?

20. My name is Juliet Gordon Low. Ten points for each of the following answers:

A. I had two nicknames, ten points for each nickname.

B. What organization am I given credit for founding.

C. What handicap did I have.

50 POINTS EACH.

21. I am sometimes referred to as the Japanese Schindler. I saved many lives during
World War II. The owner of The Dahn Report called me a true hero because I did
what I did not for fame or fortune but because it was the right thing to do.
He also shed a tear when he read my bio. Who Am I?

22. I am a handsome but small dude that acted in numerous movies but not as well
known as the most decorated soldier of World War II. Who Am 1?

23. I was the first woman to own, operate and edit a news vehicle for women.
Don't tell me my name instead tell me what article of women's clothing my name
is associated with.

24. I was Ernest Hemmingway's third wife. For twenty-five points each tell me my
name and my occupation.

25. You get twenty-five points if you can tell me the president that appointed the
first woman cabinet member and another twenty five points if you can tell me
the name of the woman.


BONUS QUESTION:

On The Dahn Report a link was supplied to video of the employees of a hospital doing a dance to bring awareness to breast cancer. 25 points each.

A. Name the hospital.

B. Name the dance.

C. Tell me within one million views how many times the video has been viewed on You
Tube. Only the official hospital You Tube video counts. There are several other
videos on You Tube of the dance so just go with the one that has the most views.

D. Who sings the song that the employees are dancing to?

No comments: