Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dinner Guest List

Been a busy day. Had my six month blood test which is always fun because they usually can't find a vein and it takes several stabs before they get blood. Then I worked my first morning as an employee at the firm that bought my business. After work it was taking Mom to lunch. Someone asked me this morning if you could sit down for dinner with five people that were no longer living who would they be?

Thomas Edison - He has always been one of my idols. When he was in the third grade a teacher sent him home because "he was to stupid to learn." He had over 10,000 patents. Look around, almost everything you see within your sight line is a result of an invention of his. I think the teacher might have been a bit off but I would want to know the answer to the question, "Did the teacher inspire you or set you back?"

Robert F. Kennedy - When I lived in Ashland, Oregon Bobby Kennedy touched down at the Medford airport twelve miles away. I waited over three hours at the airport for his plane to land. I was first in line. I shook his hand. He stayed a few minutes in Oregon then was on the plane to California. The next day he was killed. I just want to know that he and his brother John are enjoying the after life. I would also want to know what they would do to fix what currently ails the country.

Audry Hepburn - I just love her and would want to see if she was as beautiful in person as she was in the movies. Also would she sign my copy of Wait Until Dark?

Rosa Parks - just to say thank you.

My Dad - I would want to tell him I am sorry for all the times that I disappointed him, thank him for being the best dad anyone could have, and ask him if there is anything I could do to make him more comfortable in heaven.

What five would you choose?

2 comments:

Mary Z said...

I'm working on this one. I'll come back when I come up with a list. And, if you don't mind, I may use this question on my blog, too.

William J. said...

Sure Mary

Use anything from my blog anytime. You don't even have to ask.

Bill