Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger

On the day the Oscars were announced Heath Ledger was found dead in his NY apartment. He was the star of Brokeback Mountain and was twenty-eight. It is news like this that just causes so many emotions in me. I just cry at the thought of the news being given to his family. The cause of death is unknown at this time except that foul play is not expected. I'm hoping it isn't drug use but if it is I will be angry that such a talent felt such the need to have an additional high besides life. If it is suicide or drug related then he cheated us out of numerous amazing performances that were sure to come. I've been kind of depressed all day at this news it just all so tragic.

This is just to awful for words.

4 comments:

Mary Z said...

It's always a terrible thing to lose such a young person.

William J. said...

This is the second one in a week. Brad Renfro who starred in The Client died of a drog overdose. He was 25.

Mary Z said...

I wonder if there'll be a third - those things usually come in threes.

William J. said...

They always come in threes. I am, however, going to count Suzanne Plezhette (sp) as the third one. She was the wife on Bob Newhart and recently died of cancer.