Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It Is Working and I'm Excited.

I haven't been this excited in years. Diet and Exercise are working. I had my six month checkup today. The doctor was doing hand stands. I read the lab report and asked him to take it back and give me mine. I've never had such a good report. The diet, not drinking diet pop, and the daily two mile walks are working.

I've lost fifteen pounds. My cholesterol 104 (usually 175, under 200 good), Bad Cholesterol 55 (usually 75, under 100 good), Good Cholestrol 34 (usually 27, needs to be over 29) and here is the amazing one triclycerides which is never under 200, this time it was 79. Down two-thirds from the last time. It needs to be under 150.

That is really good encouragement for me to stay the course.

6 comments:

Mary Z said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! Keep up the good work!

William J. said...

Thank you, Mary

I've been excited all day. Last January when I went to the Doctor is when I didn't make it home so it was really kind of nerve wracking to go today but then it turned in to just the most amazing feeling.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Go, Bill, go!

Mary said...

Good for you, Bill. What great news. I'm so proud of you!

William J. said...

Hi Ellen

Nice to see you here. Must be tough to married to Santa Claus. I loved that entry on your blog.

Bill

William J. said...

Mary

Thank you. I'm kind of proud of myself. I know have 27 more pounds to go.

Then there will be no stopping me!

Bill