Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Busy Day.

Yesterday’s question was an easy one. The answer is that they were all nicknames for a commode. Let’s try a really hard one today. Athos, Porthos, Aramis. What is common about them?

I read Mom the blog post about the struggles I am having about her going to Utah. Then I read all the comments to her including mine. I also shared an instant message that I was having with one of the women here that in that message she suggested that Mom and I needed a break from each other. I really don’t want to mention names without permission but Mom knew of the lady because the lady had sent mom a really nice gift that she had created. It was a very touching thing for that lady to do and Mom was very touched by it. So touched that Mom sent her a nice thank you card. After the comments and the instant message, Mom is now leaning towards going to Utah. She wants me to make the decision as to when she goes but I think that should be left up to mom and sis. Oh, and by the way if anyone wants to instant message me they can do it two ways, through Facebook or through Aim or AOL as williamjdahn.

Busy day ahead today. I am at Mom’s today as part of my two night, three day weekly gig. While there I have to get the dining room ready for Mom’s bridge club which is meeting at her house tonight. Even if I have to stay there tonight, we don’t know if my nephew is back from Chicago yet, the bridge club being there frees me up to go out tonight if I desire.

I also have two work assignments. The firm that bought my business are tied up on a long project and one of my old clients would like to have his returns done by Monday. That involves a partnership and a corporate return. He has a legitimate reason for wanting the returns done, he wants to pay the manager of one of his businesses his bonus. That is where I come in. They called and want me to prepare those returns. I have to pick up the work this morning. It is nice to have the extra income.

Then there is a very much needed haircut. Sometimes I am tripping over my hair now. They may have to use a lawn mower to cut it. I figure if I get a haircut I will be ten pounds lighter. So there is an hour with Sandra planned for today.

Also on the platter is taking mom out for lunch, cooking dinner for Mom tonight, and some shopping for the bridge club tonight. Mom wants some new cards for the game tonight. And she needs a few snacks, etc. for the game.

Any comments today? What do Athos, Porthos, Aramis have in common? They are not all colognes.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I know! I know! [g]

Showing your mom the posts about your struggles was probably a good idea, since it turned out well and she is now leaning toward going. She and sis should make the decision as to when, not you.

Congrats on getting a little extra work. Extra income can't hurt. But it does sound as though you keep busy without extra work, so make sure to take care of you until you get a much-needed break.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Both you and Dona knew, maybe it was an easier question then I thought.

I have some really big news for update day. It turned out to be a good thing since mom has gone from negative to positive about the trip. I pointed out that if she successfully made this trip it opened up doors for her, like being able to visit her brother in Arizona.

Doctor appointment on Friday where I can ask mom's doctor if she can travel.

Bill

redwhistle said...

Haven't had time to play the contest. As far as Mom: things always have a way of working out for the best in the end anyway if we just let go and let it happen. Congrats on letting her read the post/responses.

William J. said...

Hi Red

I never do anything behind mom's back, if I say it to anyone her too.

It really worked out well. I've had an attitude change ever since she told sis to pick the day!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Congrats on Mom making a decision. I think sharing the post with her was a great idea. She heard from an "objective outsider" the struggles you were having and maybe realized she was the key to helping.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I actually felt bad talking about mom without mom knowing it, which is the real reason I share the post and the comments with her.

And it did turn out to be a good thing.

Bill