Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who Am I?, Kindness Meter, and Blog Schedule

Today's puzzle is a Who Am I?:

I was born in Milan, Ohio to Sam and Nancy. I grew up in Port Huron, Michigan. After three months of official schooling I was described as being “addled” and sent home. I was then home schooled by my mother. One of my first jobs was on the train from Port Huron, Michigan to Detroit, Michigan selling candy, veggies, and newspapers. I once saved a three year old boy from a runaway train which led to job that would open doors and bring light in to mine and others lives. Late in my life was able to engineer electric trains from Hoboken to Gladstone, Montclair, and Dover, New Jersey. I founded fourteen companies, including one of the largest companies still in existence. At age 24 I met and married the 16 year-old Mary. We had three children, Marion, Thomas, and William. My lovely wife died at age 29 of a brain tumor. At age 39 I fell in love again, with the 20 year-old Mina. Mina and I also had three children, Madeline, Charles, and Theodore. I died in 1931 from complications from diabetes. The lovely Mina lived until 1947. Few people know that as a wedding gift I bought a home for Mina in New Jersey. I also later built a winter resort in Ft. Myers, Florida. The writer of The Dahn Report recently found something in his garage that reminded him of me, he also often refers to me along with his dad and RFK as one of his three idols. 1093 is an important number to me. Who am I?

The kindness meter is ticking and going wild. Thirty people have performed sixty-eght acts of kindness for my birthday. We are easily going to make my goal of 100 by midnight Sunday. Thank you everyone!!!!

The Blog Schedule:

Tomorrow is Update Day so please think about all the fun and exciting or even the difficult and troubling things that are going on in your life that you would like to share with us.

Saturday is life's questions day. Lately some things have been bothering me. I would love for all of you to think of little things that go on in your life that have you asking yourself, how could that be? or what? or how? Would love to know some of those questions!

Sunday is the lessons your dad taught you. Think of your dad, think of what was the most important thing that you learned from him. Let's spend Sunday honoring our fathers.

Monday is the kindness summary. I am going to tell you how it changed me.

7 comments:

Pat said...

I know who you are. Answer by email. Good choice for an idol.

The kindness meter is going great! I must think of some more acts of kindness to add! And must ponder some of your questions-to-come.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I was surprised at how easily you and Bev got the answer. You two certainlly do know how to Google!!

Bill

cd0103 said...

Good one. I know, but can't email. Google is a wonderful thing.

William J. said...

Hi There

I mailed the prize to you this morning!

Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I know, I know (although I had to confirm - g).

Love the reading on the kindness count. I'll bet you/we make your thirty-plus needed by Sunday night.

Wow, some interesting days coming up on the blog. Like Pat, I may have to ponder a bit.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I was surprised how easy everyone found the answer from the information I provided. I tried to make it hard to Google!!

As to the Kindness already over 70 so will easy make it to 100 by Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike