Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Keep Crying, Baby, Keep Crying"

The answer to yesterday’s question was “The Three Musketeers. You guys are getting to good. Today’s question is “Candidates, Track Stars, and Pantyhose, what do they have in common?

I don’t have much to write about. I have a ton to write about tomorrow on Update Day but I am a little short on things to write about today.

Need a really good cry? Here is an article in today’s Oregonian that will give you just that. I was struck by the words in the article “I kept saying, keep crying, baby, keep crying.” Read the entire article here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/06/police_release_time_line_in_th.html

It wasn’t the economy that caused this awful act, it was revenge. Revenge isn't always sweet. In fact, I think it never is. I also think what goes around comes around so it isn’t necessary to seek out revenge because eventually someone will do it for you.

That is it for the day. Tell me what you think of the above article. Where do you stand on revenge? And what do candidates, track stars, and pantyhose all have in common?

6 comments:

Kim said...

Long time, no comment Bill! I think I can answer this question. What do they have in common? They all RUN!!
Happy Summer!

William J. said...

WOW

Hi Kim, good to see you comment again! You can now be in the contest starting 6-15!

And I can't tell you if you are right until tomorrow!

Bill

Lady DR said...

What a horrible tragedy, Bill.

Revenge? I think it serves no purpose and only serves to fuel the hatred and unhappiness of the one seeking it. As someone once said, "the best revenge is living well." Using children to exact revenge is totally unbelievable, in my mind, although I know it happens all to frequently. My heart goes out to the family.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I am 100% with you about revenge.

The story does tug at the heart, can you imagine the fear that little girl felt?

Bill

Pat said...

Oops! Good thing I sent my answer by email before I came to the comments page. [g]

As to the story, there's nothing I can comment beyond that the woman is insane. The poor little girl will have to live with this, and I really hope her father is a good guy. As to the little boy, well, it was murder, plain and simple. The mother will have to live with that, preferably in some institution.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Kim could be wrong!

The mother deserves life in prison. Never to see the light of day again.

The father is supposed to be a loving father.

Bill