Saturday, June 6, 2009

Do You Have A Double?

Today’s question. What do a tent, a baseball, and a horseshoe have in common?

As of now eligible participants for the contest starting at 7 AM Pacific Daylight Time on June 15, 2009 right here on The Dahn Report are Mary, Mary Z, Bev, Dona, Pat, DR, Kaye, Red Whistle, and Kim. In order to be an eligible participant for the “what do these three things have in common” contest you must post a message anywhere on The Dahn Report between now and when the contest starts. In the contest you will be given twenty-five questions, each question will have three items and you will have to guess what the three things have in common. You will have until 7 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time on June 17, 2009 to complete the twenty-five questions. The eligible participant with the most correct answers of the twenty-five questions will win the contest. The prize will be your choice of a $25 Home Depot credit card, a $25Starbucks Card, or the Stained Glass “Angel on Bridge.” If two or more people tie, the names of all the winners will be put in a hat and a winner will be drawn for those that tie for first place.

The answer to yesterday’s sample questions are: Mary Queen of Scots, Marie Antoinette, and Lady Jane Grey were all beheaded. James Dougherty, Arthur Miller, and Joe Dimaggio were all married to Marilyn Monroe.

Just to let everyone know, Monday there will not be a blog post. I am at a seminar that day and the seminar is about ninety minutes from here, starting at 8 a.m. When the seminar is complete then I will be headed to Mom’s. That just doesn’t allow enough time to do a post that day.

Yesterday Mom got the OK from the doctor to travel as long as we stop every hundred miles to allow her to stretch. YEA.

I am reading a book about an interesting subject. Catherine Coulter’s DOUBLE TAKE. It is running on the theory that everyone has a double. Someone that looks like you. Once in a while I’ve seen someone that looks a little like me and once in a while I’ve been mistaken for someone else. But I am not sure anyone but twins really have a double.

The questions for the day? Have you every run into someone that you think looks exactly like you? Have you ever been confused for someone else? What do a tent, a baseball, and a horseshoe have in common? And to everyone but Pat and DR since they were the only ones to update us, get off your duffs and tell us about what you are up to.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Hmmm... today's question is a stumper for me so far. But I'll work on it, and who knows, I may have one of those Aha! moments.

I used to get told I looked like someone else a lot, which puzzled me because I think I'm sort of unusual-looking. It doesn't happen any more, so I guess age has made me more individual.

When I was in h.s. and first year of college, I got mistaken a lot for a good friend of mine, Eva R. She was a very talented actress in the local community theater, and people would come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed my performance in the latest play. I didn't think we looked that much alike, but we were sort of the same type and had similar pixie haircuts. Mostly I'd set people straight, but once in a while I'd just smile and say thank you.

cd0103 said...

I want to play along!

Today's answer is things that are pitched!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Wow this is the first time you have been stumped!

I think you are nice looking and you do actually remind me of a checker at the grocery store I go to. The one that hugs mom and I.

I think it would be fun to be mistaken for an actress! Well, in my case and actor.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Connie

See we remembered you!

I can't tell you if the answer is right until tomorrow.

Not only can you play along you now can enter the contest starting 6-15.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Congrats on the travel "okay" from the doc for your mom. And getting out to walk every 100 miles is good advice for anyone on a road trip! Himself tends to want to just start and go, but the dogs help keep us "honest."

Doubles -- Hmmm... people used to tell me I reminded them of Carol Burnett, but that was when my hair was red, rather than gray (g). Don't know I've ever run into anyone I considered a double, altho there has been an interesting thing at the Line Dance classes. I convinced a friend I'm made at FUlir to attend the Sr. Action classes. Everyone assumed/assumes we're sisters and insists we look alike. We're sort of similar in build and do share a lot of facial features and our hair styles are similar and we even have a mole in the same place below our right eyes, but I'd not have thought we looked that much alike. Still, people call us by the other's name and new folks just assume.

As to twins -- even they aren't necessarily doubles. My niece and nephew are fraternal twins and, while they share family resemblances, they're no more doubles than you and I are!

Oh, question -- are we to post our answers to the questions here or send them to you in emial, so as not to give others some clue or the right answer?

Now, where are the rest of you with your weekly updates? Hopefully, out having fun and not bogged down with issues or problems.

William J. said...

Hi Dr

It would probably be better to email the answers to williamjdahn@aol.com but I am very sensitive to the fact that some women may be uncomfortable giving a strange man (me) their email address. So that only leaves them the blog.

I am like Himself. The object of the trip is to get there and I usually just get in the car and only stop for gas, food, and rest rooms.

I can see the Carol Burnett resemblance from the time we spend together at Boulder.

Interesting about the resemblance to a friend in the Line Dancing classes. And that you became friends says you not only look alike but may think alike!

Bill