Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Fun Today.

Today we are just going to have fun. No thinking but maybe a few laughs. From the Edge Column in the Oregonian on September 15, 2009. Here are ways to tell if a redneck has been working on your computer:

The monitor is up on blocks.

Outgoing faxes have tobacco stains on them.

The six front keys have rotted out.

The numeric keypad only goes up to six.

The password is Bubba.

The CPU has a gun rack mount.

The mouse is referred to as a "critter."

You can always read The Oregonian at oregonlive.com

The Emmys were Sunday night. Most of the women looked stunning and most of the men were dressed appropriately. I do wonder what Kyra Sedgwick was thinking. Tina Fey looked beautiful in black. Here are some of the highlights:

Drama Series: Mad Men.

Comedy Series: 30 Rock.

Actor, Drama Series: Byran Cranston, Breaking Bad.

Actress, Drama Series: Glenn Close, Damages.

Actor Comedy Series: Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock.

Actress Comedy Series: Toni Collette, United States of Tara.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series, Michael Emerson, Lost.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series, Cherry Jones, 24.

Supporting Actor Comedy Series: Jon Cryer, Two And A Half Men.

Supporting Actress Comedy Series: Kristin Chenoweth, Pushing Daises.

Best Reality Show: Amazing Race. I wanted Top Chef.

Has a redneck been using your computer? When you want to relax what do you do for fun?

TODAY'S TRIVIA:

What do these three things have in common:

Rodan, Mothra, & Gammera

Scarecrow & Mrs. King, The Rookies, & Charlie Angels. Besides TV shoes or movies.

Kentucky Fried Chicken, Dr. Pepper, & Band-Aids. Besides being companies.

Punch, Hair, and A volleyball.

A T.V., A C.B, and England.

5 comments:

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I read, go for a walk, or go to a movie to relax. I do fall asleep in front of the TV a lot. Even sitting up sometimes!

The music awards weren't in either the USA Today or The Oregonian cause I looked for them. It bugged me a bit but maybe they did that thing were they give the music awards on another night that isn't telecasted.

I did think Doogie Howser did a great job hosting the show!

Bill

dona said...

For fun and relaxation I like to go fishing, even if I don't catch anything, I think I sometimes just go for the scenery and outside air.

But TV is right up there with what I do most.

I like Doogie also.

William J. said...

Hi There Dona

What kind of fishing? Fly fishing or sit on the side of the river or creek fishing?

Bill

Lady DR said...

Hmmm, don't seem to meet the criteria for a redneck using my computer. Maybe because I have an in-house guru who couldn't be redneck if he tried in most cases.

Relaxation? Reading is my big one. Computer crosswords on occasion. Knitting/crocheting/looming, piano or guitar, depending on my mood. I can relax with a movie rental, so long as I can knit or crochet while I watch, otherwise, I'm afraid TV tends to make me restless.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I thought one of your creative talents would be the way you would relax as long as it wasn't editing!

Bill