Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let's Observe Ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln became one of the greatest presidents in the history of the USA. Born into poverty, Lincoln was faced with defeat throughout his life. He lost eight elections, failed twice in business and suffered from a nervous breakdown.

On the agenda today is starting and finishing my Christmas Shopping. I also hope to finish sending Christmas Cards. I only send cards to relatives. When I was in business for myself and had five hundred clients I quit sending out cards. It was just to expensive. It was also hard to separate out the ones that celebrated Christmas and the ones that didn't. So I made a decision to only send cards to relatives. It certainly has made the season a lot easier.

You may have visitors coming to visit you this season and want your house sparkling clean. I have some tips for you:

http://www.shelterpop.com/2010/12/03/cleaning-tips/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk3%7C190663

Now I know why people buy Spam. Not to eat it but to polish their furniture with it. After reading the above article are you going out to buy diapers?

You may be traveling overseas during the holiday season and one of your stops may be the city where our Snugpug resides, Singapore. Right the city is involved in a LOO campaign. Let's Observe Ourselves. What do you think the campaign refers to? Check this article out:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101217/od_nm/us_singapore_toilet;_ylt=Am7ALtj8ToUDUVuxe9YPnSftiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJvNzcyZmZyBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTAxMjE3L3VzX3NpbmdhcG9yZV90b2lsZXQEcG9zAzMEc2VjA3luX2FydGljbGVfc3VtbWFyeV9saXN0BHNsawNmdWxsbmJzcHN0b3I

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I was Elizabeth Garrett Anderson, the second woman to be given the title of doctor. As you know most of the Who Am Is of the day feature women who have done groundbreaking and/or spectacular things. While there isn't a Who Am I for today I am sharing with you an article about a spectacular woman:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101218/ap_on_re_us/us_search_for_amelia

Hope your are enjoying the weekend. I am off shopping but will look forward to returning home from the malls to read your spectacular comments.

4 comments:

Pat said...

The cleaning tips are amusing, but I must have missed the one about Spam for polishing furniture. Somewhere I have a very long list of oddball cleaning uses for things you'd never suspect. Have I tried them? Well, no.

I knew right away what a loo is, and I'm happy for Singapore that they are cleaning theirs up.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The spam one was in the opening sentence but not listed separately as on they tried out.

We can learn a lot from Singapore!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Hope you had good luck on the shopping excursion and that you get your cards out today, as scheduled. Mine went out in the morning mail. I do some relatives and some old friends, but the number has dropped drastically over the years.

Interesting cleaning tips. Yes, I'd heard about all that coke could accomplish. The spam thing... I think not. The shaving cream is a maybe, given all the old grout we have in the bathroom.

Happy bathrooms? Interesting. I can think of a lot of public bathrooms that could benefit from some care and attention.

Interesting about the possible discoveries on the island, as related to Amelia and what may have happened during her flight.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Sorry it took so long to respond but the last two nights I was a sleep machine and slept over twenty hours total. I stayed away from Mom's Friday and Saturday and did get all the gifts bought but still have some cards to send out.

I'm not sure how many of the cleaning tips I will use but it will be few. I might try the spam.

One of my main complaints is how dirty businesses let their bathrooms get so I really do admire the Singapore LOO campaign.

Happy bathrooms? Interesting. I can think of a lot of public bathrooms that could benefit from some care and attention.

I think it would be great if it was Ameilia because it would close a chapter in history.

Bill