Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Update

Winston Churchill is widely regarded as the greatest British leader of the 20th century. Churchill is celebrated for his leadership during World War II (1939-1945), one of the most desperate struggles in British history. He failed sixth grade. He did not become Prime Minister of England until he was 62, only after a lifetime of defeats and setbacks. His greatest contributions came when he was a senior citizen.

I left Mom's on Thursday about noon. I was at Mom five of the previous seven nights and seven of the previous eight days. When I left Mom's I went directly to the movies to catch LOVE AND OTHER DRUGS. It was a really good movie that probably should have had a strong R rating and not for sixteen and under. Acting good. Story good. Ending touching. Friday and Saturday besides the blog I finished my shopping and did most of my cards. I must have been pretty exhausted because I ended up getting over a total of twenty hours of sleep the last two nights.

Next week on the agenda is only two nights at Mom's. Wednesday and Saturday. Saturday is Christmas Day and of course I am going to look forward to spending Christmas with her. At her age you never know if this will be her last Christmas. I'm also going to take Mom to church services on Christmas Eve. Opportunity number two to wear my new suit. The rest of the week is lunch on Monday with a client. Tuesday night out to dinner with Sister, Brother-in-law, and Mom for an early Christmas celebration. Sis and her husband are taking off for Utah on Wednesday morning to spend time the holidays with sister's daughter and her four boys. Thursday Mom out to lunch. Friday is Christmas Eve. Saturday is Christmas.

Not much on the entertainment front. The doctors did win The Amazing Race. First all women's team to do so. And an women's team finished second, the Shopping Network TV hosts. There were some reports that on the next Dancing With The Stars will be Lindsay Lohan and Todd Palin, husband of Sarah Palin. If the later is on I will probably not watch the show this season.

Coming up on the blog next week will be My Most Memorable Moments of 2010. There will be either a picture of the moment or a link to a blog entry about the moment. I won't do it all in one day, it will be over two or three days. I would love it if you would begin to think about your memorable moments of this year and share them on the blog. For now your task is to catch me up on your lives. Let me know how your health is, what you have been up to, any events attended or that you will be attending, any deep dark secrets, or just introduce yourselves. I really do like to learn more about all of you.

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

I find it continually amazing the "failures" who have shaped our lives, the past, present and future.

Glad you have a bit of a break. Sounds like you were in serious need of rest and sleep.

I've been working editorial and elfing, plus got my annual mammo. All gifts are wrapped, packed and shipped (still need to wrap Himelf's), Christmas letter done, cards are out, house cleaned. Found a groomer willing to work with Skeeter and we'll see her the 27th, as she wants time to spend with Skeet, wants me there, says she won't force a dog into grooming, if there's real fear or some other reason. I like her already. Next week is gathering the food for Christmas dinner, another line dance show, folks for dinner one evening, a massage, early prep for Christmas dinner and Christmas day.

Memorable moments... that may take some thought, although one or two do come to mind.

William J. said...

Hi DR

When I decided to do an inspirational story through Christmas I thought it would be hard to find, it hasn't been. Been easy. So many men that became sucessful or heroes to us were failures first.

That is the most I've slept in a very long time.

I like the elfing. That is just charming. Hope the mammo was clear.

Wow you have been busy and accomplished so much! I just know wrote my last Christmas cards.

I hope the groomer knows what a special little buddy Skeeter is. I like her approach a lot.

Wow you upcoming week sound busy!

Even with a blog I could only come up with five or six until I expanded my guidelines. I had ten now. But a couple are not really memorable moments more than they are the most read posts on the blog this year. You will be surprised at the two, I was.

Bill

Pat said...

You have sure been spending a lot of time at your mom's. In hours, I'm sure you surpass me. Not that I want to make that a contest. Less is more. {g}

I'm more or less ready for Christmas, except for a quick swipe at housecleaning. But I'm a little concerned about the kids driving down, as we are having constant rain, for a change, and it's causing all kinds of problems and accidents. Maybe they can find a clear window for driving. Fingers crossed.

You know, I can't think of a single memorable moment in the past year. I suppose if I thought hard, I might come up with a couple of small ones, but hey, if you don't remember anything, probably nothing memorable happened. My life is passing me by and I'm not even noticing.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The past couple of weeks has been very tiring but it is getting better. Just Wednesday this week. Found out nephew is here Saturday.

I'm finished now but I might hit the mall today or tomorrow just for fun.

I'm sure your house is pretty clean as it is.

I heard that Los Angeles got three inches of rain yesterday, that is a ton, and I just can't imagine being on the freeways with that kind of rain.

I found three of five and then expanded it for more than memorable moments to get to ten. In some ways it was a good year, in some ways a bad year.

What about the visits of your daughter and son in law? Some of those had to be memorable.

Bill