Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mona Lisa Eyes

The movie Star Wars was rejected by every movie studio in Hollywood before 20th-Century Fox finally produced it. It went on to be one of the largest grossing movies in film history.

I start out the day at Mom's. After tonight I don't need to be back until next Wednesday. After parts of six out the last seven days at Mom's and as much as I love Mom and the incredible woman that she is I am looking forward to being home for a few days.

First up is what I call a we will have nun of that story.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101213/od_nm/us_crime_nun

I don't why is always surprises me when a religious figure ends up accused of a crime but it does.

Next up is a story about a woman's eyes holding secrets that could unlock history:

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/13/do-hidden-letters-in-mona-lisas-eyes-reveal-a-real-da-vinci-cod/

We are closing with puzzles. Do you like puzzles? I don't. They frustrate me and I really don't have the patience for them. I love to take a good quiz because I am good at those. But no to crossword puzzles. No to jigsaw puzzles. One man is lucky that there is such a thing as a jigsaw puzzle expert:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101210/od_nm/us_taiwan_cash

I will be checking in on the blog throughout the day from Mom's to look for all the outstanding comments I am sure you have about today's blog entry.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Good grief! An embezzling nun! What next, I wonder. Perhaps another "morality" preacher found to be diddling somebody he shouldn't? They hardly ever surprise me, but this one kind of does.

I heard about the new DaVinci "code" on the radio a while back. I never quite "got" the Mona Lisa, but this is pretty interesting.

I'm bad at puzzles, too, but for $6,600 I just might try. Or turn them over to my daughter, who is very good at puzzles. Must be her dad's genes at work there.

Don't know if this is an "outstanding" comment, but at least it's first.

Lady DR said...

First, congratulations on a day without a seminar (G)and more congrats on having what sounds like a week off, although I know full good and well you'll be with her, doing various things, over the next week. You're past due some time on your home and at your own house.

The nun kinda blows my mind, as Pat said. First, how the heck did she get "out" to go gambling that much? I know many orders are a lot more relaxed these days, but...

Interesting about the codes in the Mona Lisa. I wonder if DaVinci was a Mason. I can't recall ever knowing.

You don't like puzzles? That surprises me, for some reason. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles. When we had the bigger homes, with a dining room table, we often had one spread out and we'd just fiddle with it for a few minutes, as we passed by or wanted to do something different. If and when we finally redo the great room, I suspect we may go back to that. I also enjoy crosswords, online, if I'm in the mood.

As to the guy and the cash -- can you imagine that happening in this country? First, the company agreeing to retrieve the shredded stuff, then someone to put it back together and, finally, any of our banks or the government considering it valid currency?

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Thank you for your outstanding comment.

I was really surprised by the nun too. A priest I would have taken in stride and in a way that is kind of sad.

I heard of a new Davinci Code too but never heard one related to the eyes of the Mona Lisa.

Ok, if I shred money your daughter is going to be hired.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

In some ways I would have preferred the seminar that today and tonight at Mom's. I'm off at none tomorrow then it taking care of my own things.

I was kind of surprised too not only that the nun got out but that she was able to have that much money go through her hans unnoticed because don't the nuns take a vow of poverty?

I did a googls search and DaVinci was a mason and the Davinci Code was mentioned by the masons.

I don't like crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, and those kind of puzzles where you have to unscramble words. Not good at them. Love the game of Clue and Quizes. Good at those. Good point about the guy and the cash. Never happen here.

Bill