Friday, December 31, 2010

Recovery Day 3

Oprah Winfrey: Most people know Oprah as one of the most iconic faces on TV as well as one of the richest and most successful women in the world. Oprah faced a hard road to get to that position, however, enduring a rough and often abusive childhood as well as numerous career setbacks including being fired from her job as a television reporter because she was "unfit for TV."

Pat and DR convinced me that yesterday was day two of my recovery so that makes today Day 3. I went to the doctor for a follow-up this morning. Improving. Medicine the dosage was doubled. Elevate and walk. Not the full tilt elevation of the past few days but the elevate whenever I am not walking. I'm to walk part of the day to increase the circulation in the leg. If it isn't healed in ten days back to the doctor. Progress is a good sign.

This is for DR. Here is an article about the most inspirational stories of 2010:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/toan-lam/small-acts-big-changes-wh_b_796309.html

Here is a link to the article mentioned in the above article where you can click on any story not mentioned in the above article:

http://yearinreview.yahoo.com/2010/us_inspiring_acts#Inspiring%20Acts

I'm doing my usual New Year's Eve threesome. Diet coke, DVD, and a warm blanket. And I'm following the advise in the following article under "unusual tradition." To ensure good luck in 2011 you must wear yellow underwear on New Year's, to ensure finding love in 2011 you must wear red underwear on New Year's eve and if at the stroke of midnight if you carry a suitcase through your neighborhood it ensures that in 2011 you will embark on the journey of your dreams. I've already got both yellow and red undies on and I've go my suitcase by the door for my midnight journey around the neighborhood. I'm not sure if I should wear pants over the red and yellow boxers on that journey. Stay tuned.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/new-year-traditions.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Are you going to follow any traditions tonight?

7 comments:

Pat said...

I can do the yellow undies thing, but afraid I don't have any red ones. Oh, well, I guess good luck in '11 should be enough. Probably won't do any of the others. I have some grapes, so could do one for each chime of the clock, except I don't have a chiming clock. Just unprepared, I guess.

Pat said...

PS: And I forgot to say congrats on good healing. Walking and elevating sounds a lot better than just elevating. May the progress continue, ever forward!

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I'm off to buy some yellow undies, I've got the red ones. Mom has a chiming clock but I don't so the grapes are out.

Thank on the congrats. Walking and elevating is a lot less boring than just elevating.

Bill

Lady DR said...

Congrats on the doctor's report and being able to combine walking and elevation in such a short time. Yes, it sounds like definite progress and the doubled medication may move it along even more quickly.

What lovely articles you posted and thank you! I love hearing about people helping people and you gave me a whole menu of just that and some ideas to consider for next year. My goal is to be a blessing to someone (or maybe something, like the environment) each day, in some way, however large or small.

As to traditions... gee, I don't got no yellow or red underwear and I live on a semi-circle, so I'm not sure walking around the block would do it (even if Himself were to let me out of the house with a suitcase, rather than calling the men in white coats). I can do the black-eyed peas with the ham tomorrow, but I've never been able to get excited about the collard greens that are supposed to bring prosperity in the South (which may explain why we aren't rich?)

Our New Years has never been real traditional. Tonight, very shortly, we'll enjoy a pot roast, then settle in to watch one of Himself's new Potter movies, during which I'll crochet or loom, with the tree and mantle lights in the background. We might even make it to midnight, but there are no guarantees (wry s).

Here's wishing everyone here, whether posting or lurking, the Happiest of New Years and all good things for 2011.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I'm hoping the double medication will clean up not only the cellulitis but any other infection that I might have. Found out today that cellulities is often confused with bone cancer and the main cause for it is strep infection.

The service I use just happened to email me those articles today so I thought they fit in with you being positive. I loved it because just the simple thing like calling someone beautiful can impact their lives.

You are already a blessing to everyone here!

I really am wearing both yellow and red underwear and I really am going around the neighborhood with a suitcase so if I disappear for a few day you know I'm at the funny farm.

Sounds like a fun New Year's Eve planned!

Good things for you too in 2011!

Bill

dona said...

I am glad you are recovering so quickly. I hope you didn't walk too much today to get all you needed for this evening~!

I guess I am screwed for the undie thing, no yellow or red. Gee, sounds boring.

I have done the collard greens, cabbage & corned beef with no getting rich after. I also did the black eyed peas, but with no ham..so that was doomed from the start.

I seem to remember something my Aunt told me about planting a potato? or was that during a full moon for something else? Gee now I am getting all confused on traditions and luck...No grapes or chiming clocks either, so I guess I am not really prepared either!

Happy New Year to everyone here!

William J. said...

Hi Dona

More improving then recovering, still in the danger zone but not near as three days ago. I didn't walk to much got to save the legs to pull the suitcase around the block.

OK potatoes, black eyed peas, and ham for you before they draw the mega millions numbers.

Happy New Year back at you and The Shankster.

Bill