Monday, April 19, 2010

Cooking Up Typos And Affairs.

I know all about typos because I make so many of them. Probably the worst one I have ever made is on a resume that I sent out to about fifty prospective employers listing my title as Certified Pubic Accountant. While I felt sorry for the folks that made the following typo in their cook book I did have to laugh.

http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/cookbook-reprinted-over-ground-black-people-typo/19444224?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl1|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fweird-news%2Farticle%2Fcookbook-reprinted-over-ground-black-people-typo%2F19444224

So what is the worst typo that you have made?

Now on to affairs. I always thought there was only one kind of an affair. One that shows either the lack of character of the person having the affair or that something is missing in the main relationship. The following article distinguishes between emotional and physical affairs. It indicates that one type of affair may be worse than the other.

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/04/13/the-worst-kind-of-infidelity/?icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl5|link6|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolhealth.com%2F2010%2F04%2F13%2Fthe-worst-kind-of-infidelity%2F

Do you agree with the article?

2 comments:

Pat said...

A pubic accountant, were you? I'll bet that resume got more attention before you fixed the typo. {g}

I'd more or less agree with the second article until it states: "Levy said understanding this could help us reduce feelings of sexual jealousy." I doubt that. Understanding doesn't really help jealousy very much in my opinion.

The worst typo I ever did was when I worked for Dr. R. He had been asked to review an article submitted to a medical journal. In his favorable review, one sentence he dictated to me went something like this: "There has long been a need for a study of this subject. Dr's A and B have now provided such a study". Somehow when I typed it, that became "have NOT provided...". I was used to just signing his name and sending letters off, and I had done so before he proofed his copy. He just laughed, and my next assignment was to write to the publishers as myself, correct the error, and apologize, which I accomplished very quickly and with a red face.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Well, I never got any job offers darn it.

And I agree with you re the artical. Jealously is understandable but getting over it another story.

I like the story about your typo. I am glad no harm came of it and that your boss was good about it.

Bill