Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Final Countdown

To say I am exhausted would be an understatement. I'm to old for this grind. I just want to stay in bed and sleep all day. Or get back to my routine. Also start on a new life I have planned. Join the Y. Start writing more. Get more technology efficient with new electronic gadgets. Maybe even learn how to podcast. How would you like the Dahn Report as a podcast? No promises because when I try to learn how I may be more capable at getting in touch with my inner doofus than I will at learning. I don't even know how expensive the new equipment and that could be a real hinderance to lofty goals. Five days and counting. Maybe earlier if I run out of work. I did have a nice compliment yesterday. A client called and told me he bought a piece of rental property and wanted to know how it would effect his estimates. I went into the male partner and said "G is going to call you after 4-15 to discuss his estimates." "You mean you aren't going to be here after 4-15." "I don't think you want me after after 4-15." "I would, if we had enough work, I would." Made my day.

OK, Blog family get your healing powers to the forefront. DR is having a lot of hip/shoulder problems and is having a blood test tomorrow. Send prayers, vibes, good thoughts, positive powers here direction so that she can have some paid free days!

Yesterday, Mary Z posted a link in the comment section that will help you solve the blind sport problem you have when you are driving. Check out this link:

http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/step1.htm

Entertainment Update:

Off Dancing With The Stars, thank God, Buzz Aldrin. Next off I hope is Kate the B. (who reports have her engaged to Lindsay Lohan's dad.)

Celebrity Apprentice gone is Governor Rod. Man got sent home because he couldn't lead. Anyone see the irony in that? Women are kicking butt on the Celebrity Apprenctice.

The Amazing Race sent the father-son team home. I really want the lesbian couple gone. They just annoy the heck out of me and they are often mean to each other. My favorites, the cowboys, not only were the first team in the history of the race to go from last to first in a week they did it despite having to do an extra task. The Western duo are fun. I always go with fun over mean.

A new show I have been watching, Undercover Boss, has its season finale tonight. If you haven't watched it before give it try. CEO's from big companies go undercover and pose as entry level workers to see what is really going on in their company. Seven-Eleven, Roto-Rooter, Churchill Downs are some of the companies that had the CEO's try entry level jobs. Not only a fun show but often a very touching show. It comes on after The Amazing Race on CBS.

Now it is your turn. You know the drill. You get to tell me what is going on in your lives. If you are new to the blog go ahead and introduce yourself.

9 comments:

cd0103 said...

I would love a Dahn Report podcast!
I am doing charity paperwork today. Ugh, I hate doing it.

Pat said...

Nice compliment from your boss! But maybe you should decline and get some rest instead.

Sorry, but I don't do podcasts. Don't even know how. I can see how it would be great for some people at some times, but it doesn't fit into my life at the moment.

Yay! For Buzz being voted off! I agree that next should be Kate. She's annoying and she can't dance.

Also applaud Rod B. leaving Apprentice. I probably won't see it tonight because there's just too much competition in that timeslot. You can tell me what happened.

Haven't gotten into Race much this time... somehow I'm either out or cooking when it's on, but I do like the cowboys. And I rather like Undercover Boss, though it's totally contrived and I can't imagine how they'll manage a second season.

I've had my car mirrors set that way for years. Though I I didn't do it quite that way, I wanted to eliminate blind spots and managed to do that.

DR knows I'm in her corner already and have been for a while now.

William J. said...

Hi Connie

It is always nice to see you here!

I hate paperwork too!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

DR always knows she has our thoughts!

I did turn down the post. The 16th I am not doing anything but resting.

Podcasts basically are just a blog in radio form. It is amazingly easy. You click on a link and they play on your computer while you are doing something else. You can also download them and listen to them in the car etc.

I wanted both the Gov and Buzz gone. If there is a God, Kate will be next. I watch Celebrity Apprentice on the on Demand feature they have on Comcast. 24 hours after the show airs they put it on demand under a classification called "TV Series."
You can the watch it at not cost whenever you want. Does your cable service have on demand?

I must be the only one that was clueless about the mirrors!

Bill

Lady DR said...

I can only imagine how tired you are and probably counting the hours to the end of the day on the 15th. Wonderful compliment from your boss, but I'm with Pat -- call it done on the 15th and take time for you, do the stuff you listed.

Podcasts... If it's not email or a blog or research website, I'm out of the technical loop. If it's beyond a regular phone call on my cell, I'm lost. I don't even know what a podcast is. Sigh.

Thanks for the request for healing prayers and vibes. The frustration is no one can tell what's going on. I'll do the blood tests Monday and hope they can schedule the bone scan asap. Waiting is not my strong suit, anymore than not being able to do anything but editing and periodic times at the computer. I am itching to get out in the nice weather, dig in the dirt, clear out the gardens, start on some indoor painting projects and the like. I am not a good patient.

The good news is, if I go slow and careful and don't do much, I can avoid taking the pain pills. And we had a lovely garage sale foray yesterday. Even without our "finds," just driving through the countryside was a treat, with masses of wisteria in bloom, the dogwoods and azaleas popping out and lots of spring colors in evidence.

Please hold good thoughts they can schedule the bone scan soonest and we get some positive answers and some solutions. Not only am I not a patient "patient," I don't do inactive very well (wry s).

William J. said...

Hi DR

The 16th is a day of rest, the 17th is the end of tax season party then it is new life city.

You know how you click on the links on the daily post? That is how podcasts work. You click on a link and it starts playing. Basically is a web based radio show.

I hope the doubt is cleared up with the blood tests and they find the problem so they can treat it appropiately. I also hope they schedule the bone scan immediately.

None of us here do inactive well so we can relate!!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Thanks for all the good thoughts, Bill. I'm delighted to hear there's a party the 17th, followed by "new life city." (BG)

The blood test aren't going to show much. I get the impressi0on the bone scan is the determining factor, but what do I know? Maybe Dr. N can give me more info tomorrow.

William J. said...

Hi DR

I think the blood test can eliminate some causes of the pain, infections, etc.

I had a bone scan when they thought I had cancer and it was painless, the results were almost immediate. I hope they can do it this week!

Please let us know the results of your tests!!

Bill

Pat said...

I know what podcasts are, I just don't listen to them. I've tried having talk radio on while I'm on the computer, and I find I can't split my attention. So the radio just becomes background noise. That's what would happen with a podcast unless I sat here in the office and listened, doing nothing else. Not gonna happen. I don't have the capability to listen in the car, and I don't drive enough to hear much of anything, anyway. When I drive any distance, I have passengers most of the time, so the radio is off. Podcasts are just not practical for me, I'm afraid.

We do have On Demand, but it's more a time limitation for me. I have taped shows I haven't gotten to, and I'm not about to start watching tv in the daytime to catch up. {g}