Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

First, I am going to start out the day with the gift of music. This is an incredible video of a young singer. To find out how young you will have to click on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RhemaMarvanne&annotation_id=annotation_364521&feature=iv#p/u/6/PIQl6ygRqhw

Next up is the answer to yesterday's Who Am I. An amazing women that our history books forgot to teach us about, Ursula Bower. Read her story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1268202/The-Deb-guerrilla--The-Rodean-educated-beauty-saved-Empire-Japanese.html

Now on to my update. You pretty much have been kept on my life last week by my daily blog entries. Coming up next week. Monday a tour of the Y. If I like it I'll join it for a test month. If it works out then I will buy a year membership. Tuesday I take the reading mama to the library and then to lunch with her. Wednesday my annual physical, prayers and good vibes please. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nothing planned. Let me repeat that. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nothing planned.

Entertainment update. Off of Dancing With The Stars, thank goodness, Kate. Off of Celebrity Apprentice Goldberg who had the best line of the year when the men were negotiating with the women on which country singer they wanted to mold, "I don't like negotiating with anyone that I can't beat up." No Amazing Race last week due to the Country Music Awards. The Race returns tonight. Remember the last segment was filmed in Singapore where blog family member Snug resides. She sent me some pictures when she visited the park where the Race was filmed. I love to see pictures of blog members!

http://snugpug.blogspot.com/2009/05/pink-party.html

This week on Top Chef Masters the chefs cook for the cast of Modern Family.

Now it is your turn. The blog is yours to write about anything you damn well please. Update me on your life! Tell me what happened, is happening, and going to happen in your life! If you are new too the blog, then step up to the plate and introduce yourself! This is a good place to meet high quality friends!

4 comments:

Pat said...

She's amazing for a 7 y/o, but somebody has sure taught her to wander all over the melody. If she doesn't burn out her voice before she's grown, she may be a real talent.

Congratulations on having three days with nothing planned! I hope they are full of enjoyable stuff.

Thank heavens Kate is off the show!

Nothing new here. Back to court tomorrow at dawn. I hope both sides hate me when it's my turn to be questioned.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Burn out is a definite problem fr someone that young. Eddie Hodges comes to mind, was on Name That Tune when he was less than ten, got a part in the Music Man, his voice changed and never heard from him again.

I never thought I would say this but I hope you are hated tomorrow.

Bill

Lady DR said...

What an impressive voice! And thanks for the link to the blog on Bower. I couldn't figure out who she was. Amazing woman. Also, thanks for the link to Snug's blog and the pictures. Hey, Snug, what was the slogan?

Three days with nothing planned? Congratulations!

Pat, I don't normally wish for folks to hate my friends, but I'll make an exception tomorrow.

A kind of happening week around here. I think the natural anti-inflammatories are starting to work. Less pain, less often, several days. Took Thursday off and drove over to Anderson (an hour away) with Himself. Lovely drive there and through the town, which we'd not visited, what with the spring bloom being full-blown. Had seen an article on a new desk design that goes from standing to sitting positions at the touch of a button and told Himself it would sure solve my issues of needing to change positions and getting feet flat on floor. He advises me his drafting table does that at the touch of a foot pedal and do I want to exchange tables. Hmmm...Friday, blew off work again and we did the big church garage sale, with a couple small finds. Saturday we did the standard garage sale tour, a couple more small finds, including the 16 volume International Library of Piano Music, which I think the guys would have paid ME to take away. Yesterday afternoon was "fruit basket upset," trading out not only drafting tables, but rearranging file cabinets and moving Al's big bookcase out here. I lost 18" of work surface, which will take some adjustment, but it meets the criteria and will hopefully help resolve a lot of back issues. Next week (starting today), is making up for the afternoons I played hooky from editorial work, I'm afraid.

William J. said...

Hi DR!

I wouldn't have known Bower had Connie not given me the answer. Then I was kind of fascinated by her.

I think Snugs slogan was Pink and had to do something with breast cancer since that is the worldwide color associated with that cancer.

Great that there is less pain! Sounds like a nice side trip. Sounds like you found the perfect desk! The church garage sale does sound like more fun than work! I do hope the rearrangement of the office solves the back problems! Please keep us up to date on that!

Bill