Wednesday, April 21, 2010

No Fancy Dresses

The answer to yesterday's Who Am I?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-04-20-height-obit_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Now on to a theme park that I think made a Mickey Mouse decision:

http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/04/20/mother-dressed-as-princess-banned-from-disneyland-paris/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravdynlprim0934&icid=main|htmlws-sb-n|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.travel.aol.com%2F2010%2F04%2F20%2Fmother-dressed-as-princess-banned-from-disneyland-paris%2F%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMtravdynlprim0934

Frankly, I think no fancy dresses is the dumbest of dumb policies for them to have. What is a fancy dress? I could understand them banning dressing like the characters but fancy dresses? And what about name tags? Don't all their employees where name tags? So couldn't most of us be smart enough to know that if someone wasn't wearing a name tag their wouldn't employees?

Do you agree with their policy? Or are you with me? And no I don't plan on wearing a fancy dress to the theme park anytime soon.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm on the fence about this one. I can see Disney's concern that they might be mistaken for employees, and if they misbehaved in some way, it would reflect badly on the park. Not everyone would look for an official nametag, and the article says she was wearing a "birthday badge". I have no idea what that is, but could it be taken for a nametag? Beats me. It's all kind of silly, really.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

It is silly and I wonder why they just didn't give her a warning and make her cover up the badge. She did get permission on the phone before going there.

Bill