Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Angel Dance Update

I don't really have a lot to update you on this week. The caregiver that we thought quit did come back for this weekend and next weekend. Then she will leave. I'm really fine with that because next week my sister and her husband are going to Utah to help my niece relocate to Dallas. If you remember my niece was awarded the morning news anchor position on Channel 11 in Dallas and starts October 28. I have no doubt that I posted this press lease before but an uncle can be repetitive, no? Here is the column announcing her appointment:

http://unclebarky.com/dfw_files/6abd6485c7799c30f21d820816112618-1736.html

Without the caregiver coming back there would have been five nights at Mom's. I could have handled that but it is better that I don't have to.

Last week there was one night and two days at Mom's. Dinner out with the family. The movie Secretariat. Wrapping up recovering data from my computer crash. Fortunately I was able to recover my book. Now I have every darn document on my computer on a stick and have been faithfully backing up whenever I change a file or a document.

Next week starts today with breakfast with the guys. Then tomorrow I am taking Mom to a movie. Tuesday is a family dinner. Wednesday the beginning of wrapping up my IRS problem. First, I amend the return. Second, I wait forever for the IRS to accept it. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are open but I'm sure something will come up to keep me occupied.

On the entertainment front. The mother-daughter team was eliminated from The Amazing Race. It was kind of a touching story because the Mom had given up the daughter at birth when she was a teen mom. They had recently reconciled and decided to compete on the race to get to know each other. On Dancing With The Stars Margaret Cho was sent packing. Now if The Situation will go home this week I will be in seventh heaven. The highlight of the week for me was Michael Bolton's triumphant return on The Results Show. Susan Boyle was supposed to perform but was ill and the doctor ruled her out. Michael Bolton filled in and as you can see by the following video he was amazing. His singing combined with "The Angel Dance" by Jonathan and Anna is one of the reasons I watch this show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdwitFz4TY

Wouldn't it be great to be able to dance like that, let alone sign like that?

Next up is an update on a story I reported on several months ago. It was about a twelve year-old girl that hid from burglars and called 911 when they invaded her house. The young girl just continues to impress me with her bravery:

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2010/10/troutdale_12-year-old_wants_bu.html

Now it is your turn. I really love to learn about you and what is going on in your lives. The blog is now yours to post anything you damn well please

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Nope, you didn't share the press release and I'm delighted you did today. Beautiful girl. I'm wishing her the very best of luck.

Glad the caretaker will be back to help while Sis is gone. That also gives you some time to find another one, yes? Will definitely hold positive thoughts for that search.

The young girl impresses me with her bravery, but it's really sinful, what she's going through. I wish the thieves had all gotten more jail time, not just for breaking the law, but for the impact they've had on that girl's life. If the two illegals are afraid to go back home, maybe they should have thought about that before they got involved in the robbery. Personally, I think both ought to be sent home asap. I am very angry at the description of her fears, insecurity, needing to sleep in her parent's bedroom. Her innocence has been stolen and that's something that can't be replaced.

Quiet week. Some editing, a couple doctor app'ts (cross one off the list for a year, yea!), starting to clear out the LR - took pictures and put several items on Craig's List, so have fingers crossed they'll go away soon. Went to the big flea market yesterday and walked away with nothing (altho the long-haired chihauhau puppy was a major temptation).

Pat said...

Nice news release, and she's very pretty. I hope it all works out well for her. But... "Uncle Barky's Bytes"? Too, too cutesy!

Definitely better for you that the caregiver's back for a couple of weekends, at least. What happens after that? Are you looking for a new caregiver?

I love the song "Hallelujah", but have to disagree about the performance. Visually pretty, loved the kids' choir and the dance was lovely. But Bolton sings only marginally better than he dances. IMO.

The story about the 12 y/o is very sad. It'll take her a very long time, if not forever, to get over her fears. And I very much disagree with the sentencing. The only guy inside the house gets 6 months and the lookouts get 1 1/3 years? In what universe does this make sense?

Then there's the illegal alien issue. I'm ambivalent about what to do about illegal aliens working in this country, but when they are criminals, I say deport them. If they are in fear of returning to their home country, they shouldn't perform criminal acts in ours.

Nothing really new to update. Solved a minor issue where my mom lives. An issue caused by another relative, not by staff. Had a couple of doctor appointments and a couple of pleasant social activities, but nothing worthy of much note. Life plods on.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Thank you re my niece.

As to the caregiver we may not have to find another one. My nephew's daughter is considering going to college here and wants to stay at Mom's. If she does that will take place in January.

It is sinful because that little girl will have nightmares for a long time if not always. I also thought the thiefs got off way to easy and I would still send the illegals back home. They gave up their right to live here when they broke the law.

Good news that you don't have to go to one doctor for a year! I'm rooting that all the items on Craig's list seel pronto!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I don't think any issue related to moms are minor expecially when caused by a relative. Glad they are solved.

Glad the the social events were pleasant!

It looks like we all agree that when the illegals break the law they lose the right to live here and should be deported no matter what.

I think the 12 y/o story is both inspiring and sad. The sentancing doesn't make sense to me at all. However, they did say the guy in the house cooperated and was remorseful and the other two were neither. Judges usually reward cooperation.

I am sorry but I disagree about Bolton. When you consider the circumstances of the performance and how rude Bruno was to him. Yes Bolton was a bad dancer but to be given the lowest score in the history of the show and be told his jive was the worst jive ever on the show was wrong (it wasn't the worst), rude, and disrespectful. Dispite having to endure that rudeness to be a good enough man to bail out the show that just reeemed him and then give a performance like that with little or no rehearsal time was remarkable. He didn't even know he was going to be on the show until late Monday night after Boyle bowed out. He could have easily said no and used excuses like to short of notice or like I would say, kiss my ass you just kicked me off the show last week find someone else. Instead he was a class act.

We are not really looking for a new caregiver yet. My nepehw's daughter could bail us out and go to college here. We may look for another one if circumstances change.

I kind of used the wrong words when I wrote "press release" about my niece. It was really a blog entry from a Dallas blogster that reports on the Dallas media. Uncle Barky is the name of the blog. My niece has a three year contract so we know she will be employed for a while.

Bill