Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Clean & Colorful Update.

One of the reasons that I started Update Day was so that I could learn more about you. I really want to get to know you. Who you are, what you are, what you believe in, and what is going on in your lives. If you haven't posted yet you are missing the opportunity to meet some outstanding women friends. Like DanaRae who stepped who to plate yesterday and offered her help on how to support loved ones suffering from cancer.

Do the words to the song, "getting to know you, getting to know all about you", come to mind? Besides knowing what is going on in your life I also want you to take the following two quizzes. Then I will know your cleaning style and color personality.

http://www.shelterpop.com/2009/11/24/whats-your-cleaning-style/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk2%7C178247

I'm an easy breezy cleaner and you? Now what color is your personality? Find out here:

http://www.gagirl.com/quiz/color-personality.html

Here is mine:

Deep Black: "You always get noticed, even though you don't care if you get attention. That's because you naturally ooze charm and sophistication. Black personalities love their solo time and are huge fans of quietly observing others. But... you tend to be a little shy, and people can mistake that for being secretive or antisocial. Let people in on the fact that you're naturally pretty curious."

Some of it is right but I ooze charm and sophistication? Does the charm come from when I tell the telemarketer on the phone that those decisions are made at the office and then give them the number of the local police station? The sophistication certainly must come from when I wear two different colored shoes to the foot doctor.

What is you color personality? Is it accurate?

I really haven't go a lot to update you on that I haven't already shared with you. Next week, sister returns Wednesday morning. Mom seems to be doing really well. Her pain wasn't as intense yesterday. She also has been sleeping a little better. I played three games of Scrabble with her yesterday (don't tell anyone but I lost two out of three), fixed her lunch, and cooked her and the caregiver dinner (cooked dinner= going to Albertson's and getting their chicken.). Looking forward next week to finalizing my letter to the IRS, taking Mom to a movie, a night at Mom's, and some writing.

The entertainment update. No elimination on The Amazing Race. The Father-Son team knowing they were last still finished all their tasks. Their no give up attitude was rewarded when this turned out to be one of the non-elimination segments. On Dancing With The Stars, The Situation was put of his misery or at least us fans were put out of our misery. I'm guessing the order of the next to go is Bristol and then Florence. On The Apprentice the men team stunk so badly that they kicked two team members off. The one I've wanted to go since week one is the very abrasive self-centered David and he is still there.

It is now your turn. The blog is yours. Post whatever you darn well please.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Welcome to the club, Bill. I'm an easy-breezy cleaner, too, although for a couple of the questions, I'd have to say "none of the above".

According to the test, which seems to be for people still in school, not us oldsters, I came out "True Blue" --
"Nah---this isn't like boo-hoo blue. It's more like cool blue---the truly devoted friend. You're a quick learner---knowledge practically clings to your brain, and you're extra sharp when it comes to science and art. But... your loyalty sometimes gets you taken advantage of because you're so blindly faithful that you won't walk away from a friendship---even if you're the one doing all the work.."

Does this mean anything? Probably not. I might pick some of your description of a "black" personality for myself more than some of this one. Or a combination.

I was glad the father/son team got to stay. I'll miss it tonight because I have company, so you can keep me updated. I haven't been watching DWTS much, but I'm glad to hear "The Situation" got axed (maybe somebody will explain to me how he got that moniker, as if I really care). I've been missing APPRENTICE because there's better stuff on in that timeslot, but I agree with you about David from the little I've seen.

Lady DR said...

Okay, I'm an easy-breezy cleaner. My color is yellow, but I don't know how accurate that is, since there were two questions I couldn't read, as they were covered by an ad I couldn't get rid of.

I think you're not aware of your charm and sophistication. Actually, the charm is the fact you even talk to telemarketers and it takes sophistication to pull off wearing different colored shoes.

I'm so glad to hear Mom is feeling better. I hadn't realized she was in a great deal of pain - what have I missed?

Pat, I think your color description fits you pretty well.

Been a fairly quiet week here and I'm still getting used to taking weekends off work and learning to "be" rather than do. I did get the shed cleared out (well, my portion) and reorganized yesterday, which is something that's nagged at me for over a year. At least I now know what's out there (wry s). Otherwise, it's pool, line dance and editorial projects, with domestic and paperwork duties thrown in, when necessary. Today I read a "fun-fluff" book, while doing laundry and between spurts of paperwork. I did make an app't to see yet another doc about the hip, since the shoulder guy apparently doesn't do hips. Geez! I understand specialties, but you can't see the same doc for the same type of problem in two different joints?

I'm concerned we've not seen much, sometimes nothing, from several of our regular posters, let alone any lurkers. I sure hope everyone's okay. Just a quick "Hey, all is well," would set my mind at ease, guys.

Mary Z said...

I’m an Easy-Breezy cleaner, but already to a lot of the things they suggest in the comments.

I’m True Blue - but these questions are directed at a much younger audience. 8^)

I read every day, even if I don't post much. Nothing much going on around here, except the incredibly gorgeous fall weather. Temps range from 70s down to 40s, bright sunshine, and low humidity. Unfortunately we're way low on rainfall, but that'll eventually take care of itself. In the meantime, we'll watch the leaves change color.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

A lot of the questions didn't apply to me either so I just answered the one most closely to what I would do. But with you and Mary Z, I'm in good company.

I noticed to things, that the color test was for women and for students but I still found it interesting. I do think blue hot a lot of things I see in you. Fast learner, good friend, extra sharp in science and art. But I think you are to strong to get taken advatage of.

I will give you plenty of time to record the Race. I was also glad the father/son team stayed on.

Here is how Mike got his nickname:

Mike explained to Conan that he got his nickname while walking down the beach with friends one summer. A girl, most likely a guidette, was with her boyfriend and saw Mike walk by shirtless. Even though she was in the presence of her boyfriend, she couldn't stop staring at his abs, and Mike and his friends noticed. Apparently she even pointed out Mike's abs to her boyfriend, who couldn't have been very happy about it. Mike's friends said, "Dude, looks like we have a situation here." At that point forward, Mike's abs became The Situation.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Well another person that I'm in good company with. Another Easy Breezy

A lot of the color questions didn't apply to me so I answered as what I would if they did apply. I'd be kind of interested in what the description said. That is awwful about the ad interferring with the question. That would annoy the hell out of me.

Thank you for the nice compliments.
She has been in pain for several years. A degenerative hip and arthritis. They really can't do anything about it. They finally put her on pain pills. Mom refused for a while because she didn't want to get addicted to them. The doctor politely told her it was pretty weird thanking and quality of life should be more important to her. So mom is taking the pills and like the doctor said if a 94 year old woman gets addicted to them so be it.

I'm so glad to hear that you are learing to "be". I'm proud of you!
I'm alwaus glad when get fun good things like pool and line dance in.
The "fun-fluff" book does sound interesting. I will keep you in my prayers for the hip doctor!

I'm also concerned about Dona, Snug, Kim, and everyone else that posts here that has been gone for a while. I'm glad that Mary has checked in recently and that Symply just posted in the Kickback thread. I know from emails that Kaye is in a relationship and has a work schedule that doesn't allow her to post. We know how Ellen, Bev, & Sian are doing from the group emails. And Mary Z checked in which is great!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

Thank both for reading everyday and for checking in!

I also already do a lot of things in the comments.

The color contest had two things against me. It was for a different sex and for a much younger audience. Still some of it applied.

I love this time of year when the colors of the trees are changing and are so different and beautiful. Every time I walk outside I see a painting.

Bill

dona said...

I am also an easy-breezy cleaner. I couldn't seem to finish the color test as it kept locking up. So may try it later.
Sorry I have been missing lately, although as usual I manage to read almost every day, just didn't get the time to comment. I am sorry I missed the cancer post as I sure wish I would have had DR's book to read before I had to tackle taking care of my mom who had cancer. But it was a learning experience and I did let her take the lead and I followed, and did the best I could.

Shankster has been sick for 2 weeks now and so my days are busy doing everything we both usually tackle. I am sure it has went into Bronchitis. Will keep in touch as much as possible oh and,
Hey, all is well guys!

William J. said...

Yea Dona Checks In!

You do know you and The Shankster are an important part of our family and we always want both the best for your and know how you are.

I'm sorry The Shankster is sick and hope that he gets well. I had bronchitis and what is awful about it is that nothing helps but rest and time. Hope he gets both.

Welcome to the easy-breezy club! My guess is you would be the same color as I am.

DR's book is a good gift. I gave it to my friend Larry when his dad was suffering. He was very appreciative.

Caregiving is a constant learning experience.

Bill