Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back To Health Update

I'm am back to full health. Yesterday I finally got my energy back to one hundred per cent. I found out two things, I was sicker than I thought I was and the recovery process is longer as you get older. I'm really glad to be where I was before the hospital causing illness.

Last week. Sunday was Mom to lunch. Monday was an intended day of rest but mom got really ill. She didn't really remember where she was and couldn't remember the name of her second son. It really scared the heck out my sister and I. It turned out to be a bout with low blood sugar. She recovered and is fine. Tuesday was actually a day of rest. Wednesday was an accounting seminar in the morning and at Mom's in the afternoon and at night. Thursday was at Mom's all day. My friend Nancie came over in the afternoon to treat Mom's feet and mine. Friday was a day of rest but I started feeling good enough to do some exercises to get my strength back. Saturday I was feeling pretty well so I took my clothes to the dry cleaners, went to the pharmacy, grocery shopped, and went on a mission to see how to get to Nancie's house. In between there I also took Mom to lunch. In addition I bought some Fathers' Day and get well cards for various friends and relatives.

Next week is one of those from hell. There will definitely not be a blog entry on Wednesday and there may not be one on Thursday as well. Today I am going to the movie Super 8. Tomorrow Nancie invited me to dinner at her house to meet some friends of hers. I know how to get there now so I will be on time. Tuesday is an all day accounting seminar and then the night at Mom's. Wednesday is an all day accounting seminar and then the night at Mom's. Thursday is at Mom's all day. Friday and Saturday are recovery day. You all will be proud of me though, when I saw how full my schedule was and not wanting a relapse I called a client and delayed a work assignment. I've been with this client since 1980 so I knew he would be understanding and he was. That really does take the pressure off.

The blog is now yours. Fill me in on our lives. That really is the thing I enjoy most, hearing about what is going on with you.

6 comments:

Lady DR said...

Yea! on the back to feeling good! Scary, the report on Mom. Thank goodness you found the cause to be low blood sugar, but still scary. You had a really full week and got lots done. Next week doesn't sound like a lot of fun, except for dinner at Nancie's.

Busy week here. I'm so glad I took June off. Making some dents in my project list, but I seem to keep adding to it (wry s). Monday was dealing with re-fi stuff - thank goodness closing is set for next Thursday! Tuesday was a futile visit to cell phone company. We'll go back in two weeks. Wednesday was line dance, found two swimsuits on sale, groceries.Four days at the pool. Lots of laundry from Himself's trip and changing out winter linens and such, but all done, folded, ironing done (sorry, Pat), including summer shirts and clothes. Went through all the stuff Carl sent home with Himself, bagged up/boxed up clothing for the mission and clothing and other items for the Hope Chest and it's all in the back of the car to be delivered tomorrow and Wednesday. Cleared most of the clutter from the craft room - you can sit on the couch and walk through the room (wry s). Client inquiries and may have a project to replace the one that postponed from July to September.Fingers crossed. Lots of time outside with Scamp, sometimes standing around waiting for "jobs," daily leash training, some play time. She and Spook continue to be cheap entertainment.

We've confirmed we have a hawk who considers our yard its hunting ground. Yesterday, he was chasing birds and flew into Himself's window. This AM, he was circling high, then started gradually spiraling down. I moved to stand right beside Scamp and he continued his gradual spiral. We came immediately inside. This does not make me happy and there's nothing we can do, because we live in a "hawk protected area." Even tho Scamp is up to a whopping 4 lbs, she's an appetizer. Sigh. Didn't have hawks until recently, so it was never an issue with Skeeter, who loved to roam the property. Scamp would love to do the same and would lay in the sun chewing on a stick for long periods, if she could, but it's just not an option now. Darn it!

Pat said...

Very scary about your mom! Have you seen the low blood sugars do that before? Dinner at Nancie's to meet her friends sounds great. I hope you have a great time.

My week is sort of busy but not exciting. Monday book club, where I have to present a book I turned out not to like very much. My bad. I selected it after reading only the first 20 pages and it went downhill after that. An hour or so's break and then a doc app't. Tuesday an investment seminar and dinner with my club, Wednesday another doc app't where I will probably get another eyeball shot. Not exactly fun. Thursday, the other book club, where I can just go and not be responsible for anything. Friday, a day of rest.

DR, very bad about the hawk. They are scary for small animals, for sure. I'm so sorry Scamp won't be able to use the yard alone, at least for a while.

William J. said...

Hi DR

How awful about the Hawk, if the hawk attacks your pets you can take measures to protect your pets even though hawks are a protected species?

Sometimes things just happen for a reason like your June off. It was needed and it was provided. I am rooting for next Thursday to go great, it really has been a long process. Glad you got some line dancing in! Glad the laundry is done. It is nice to have a room where you can sit on the couch and walk through. Also crossing my fingers that the new client comes through.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

We have had low blood sugar with Mom before. That last time she went to the hospital was low blood sugar. She passed out and that what happens usually if your blood sugar gets below 50. (80-120 is normal)

I don't your week sounds fun and exciting to me. Book clubs are always fun even if the book is lousy. We want a full report after the doctor visit, we all want to know how your are doing. The investment seminar could turn out to be really informative and it is always fun to have dinner with friends. Eyeball shot makes me shudder and it sounds painful. The other book club sounds fun as does a day of rest!

Bill

Lady DR said...

Hawk - Nope, nothing we can do, far as we've found out so far. Hawks are protected. Up to us to protect any pets.

Based in an e-mail today, I'll be back at work July 1st.

William J. said...

Hi DR

Good news on the work.

As to the oet, I think I'd take measures to protect my pet and hide the evidence.

Bill