Friday, June 3, 2011

No Blog Entry Today

No blog entry today. Spent last night in the hospital and I am really tired. I had chest pains all day yesterday and finally at midnight I called 911. They took me to the emergency room. After four hours in the emergency room I finally was admitted to the hospital at 4 A.M. They kept me over night just to be sure. Two enzyme tests came back normal. Twelve EKG's came back normal. Blood pressure was high because I was scared. Finally it was determined that I had severe indigestion. They gave me a couple of prescriptions and released me about an hour ago. I feel really good now and was glad it wasn't the heart. I did learn that if you have indigestion and you burp a lot it can cause that area in the middle of your chest right below the boobs to hurt tremendously. Almost like broken ribs.

I will return with a blog entry tomorrow. Today I am sleeping.

8 comments:

Mary Z said...

Oh, dear - I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack. Better safe than sorry. I had to take John to the ER because of chest pain back in March. He was so apologetic about a "false alarm". As I told him, I'd rather make a zillion false alarm trips than miss one "real" one. It's not unusual for hiatal hernia pain to mimic an attack. Be safe!

Lady DR said...

Oh, Bill, I'm so glad the pain was severe indigestion, not a heart attack. I've made a couple ER trips with what turned out to be severe panic attacks. I'm with Mary Z - much better safe than sorry. Rest, recuperate and take care of yourself. We'll look for you when we see you.

dona said...

Bill, so glad you are ok and back home. Wish one of us was closer to you so we could come and check in on you! Sometimes the scares wear you out. Take care and know we are all thinking of you and trusting you are resting and taking care of yourself.

William J. said...

Hi Mary Z

That is exactly what the EMTS and the nurses in the emergency room said. As did the really cute woman doctor this morning.

I am with you. I am glad John went. You don't know it is a false alarm at the time. And I do have acid reflux and a heitl hernia.

You and John be safe too!

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

Thank goodness it wasn't a panic attack. Those in some ways are worse than a heart attack.

Better Safe than sorry is my new motto.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Good to hear from and I hope you and The Shankster are doing well.

The scares did take a lot out of me. I laid down on the couch and woke up four hours later.

By the way I lost four pounds in the day I was at the hospital. Not a recommended diet of course.

Bill

Pat said...

Wow, Bill, how frightening! I'm so glad it was a false alarm, and will join with everyone else in saying better safe than sorry. Nothing like a night in the hospital to wear you out. I'm not surprised you needed to sleep today.

Take care, now, and come back to the blog when you feel up to snuff again.

William J. said...

Thanks Pat

I am doing feel really good right now but slept a ton yesterday. About twelve hours. I did spend a lot of time taking those stickers off of me that they use for medical equipment. I must of had forty of those things on.

Bill