Friday, June 10, 2011

Grads, Foods, & Intrigue

Happy Friday. In the second in a series of articles, more about today's graduates.

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2011/06/oregon_universities_see_more_n.html

I was really surprised at some of the statistics in the above article. Non-traditional graduates are almost forty percent.

A little advise now on how to get rid of food:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive-health/how-long-is-my-food-safe-to-eat.aspx?xid=aol_eh-digest_9-_20110606&aolcat=ESO&icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk1%7C215623

Do you use the small test? Or are you more careful than that?

Intrigue right on Facebook:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/facebook-angela-voelkert-murder_n_873907.html?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk1%7C215645

I am pretty stunned at some of the stuff in the article.

Comment Away.

TODAY'S PRESIDENT:

"I am a man of reserved, cold, austere, and forbidding manners; my political adversaries say, a gloomy misanthropist, and my personal animals, an unsocial savage." Born in 1767 and died in 1848. I spoke these words when I was secretary of state. As the eldest son of a previous president I excelled at being a foreign diplomat. My wife and I hardly spoke when we were in the White House. Dad was before me but if you know the number six you can answer the question, Which President Am I?

4 comments:

Lady DR said...

Love the number of non-traditional graduates. I knew it was growing, but was amazed at the statistics given.

Food? Smell, maybe. Usually look, texture. If I can't remember when it went in the refrig, it goes in the garbage. I watch expiration dates fairly closely, although I know there's a fudge factor either way. If I'm not sure, I don't eat/serve it.

The Facebook thing is pretty intriguing. They guy is denying it all, it appears, saying he knew it was his ex and he (apparently?) wanted to scare her? I'm not sure I followed all the ins and outs, but trying to set up a hit on something as open as facebook seems pretty stupid.

Pat said...

I was also surprised at the number of nontraditional college students. But times have changed, and a lot of jobs that formerly didn't require a degree seem to now, so I think some people are going back to college in hopes of better employment. Or even any employment at all.

Good advice on food safety. It can be hard to tell. I rely pretty heavily on my nose to tell if it's too late.

I find it absolutely amazing what kinds of things people will put on Facebook. Don't they KNOW? Don't they read the papers? Idiots. But having read a little further, I guess he proved he knew it was his ex, and was pranking her. I still find the whole drama being on Facebook rather amazing.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The non-traditional will be the traditional with in a couple of years is my guess with them passing the fifty percent mark.

I am overly caustious with food. I wish my mom and sister were as caustious.

It totally stuns me that anyone would say on Facebook that they hired anyone to kill anyone whether it was a joke or a ruse or not.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Good point about the number of job now requiring college degrees.

I do a combination eye and nose test on food. And I do pay attention to expiration dates.

And I'm with you how amazed I am at the things people put on Facebook.

Bill