Monday, June 13, 2011

Duct Tape Festival or Cow Chip Throw?

Sometimes I like to use personal life experiences to help others. How do you tell when you should call 911 when you are having chest pains?

http://www.everydayhealth.com/heart-health/chest-pain-emergency.aspx

Sounds like you call 911 whenever you have chest pains.

Now that you are healthy you need some suggestions of places to go. How about a cow chip throw or duct tape festival?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110610/od_nm/us_picks_wacky

Where are you going? Anything on the list that interests you?

Why do doctors lie? Do you want to know the answer to that question?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20110613/hl_time/08599207727400;_ylt=Aj_6zn.Q2N7.9UoPnhCDz7ys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNrcDhzbXEyBGFzc2V0A3RpbWUvMjAxMTA2MTMvMDg1OTkyMDc3Mjc0MDAEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM5BHBvcwM2BHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDam9lZmliYmVybWR3

Comment Away

PRESIDENTS

"The mission of the United States is one of benevolent assimilation." Born in 1843 and died in 1901 he said this in a proclamation regarding The Philippines. The whole thing started with the sinking of The Main. He is best known for winning intensely-fought elections by fighting for gold and high tariffs, for leading the nation to victory in 90 days in the Spanish American War, and for forging a Republican coalition that, with one interruption, dominated national politics until the 1930s. If you know the number 25 then you can answer the question, Which President Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

You picked the two events I might enjoy attending, with National Hollerin' close behind. And I like Humungus Fungus just because of the name.

I'd say good for Dr. Fibber. And as long as it's done for the patient's benefit, I can't say I'm against a little lying.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

The Humungus Fungus does sound kind of interesting.

I also say good for Dr. Fibber. I wouldn't want a doctor to withhold critical information but a little lying to benefit the patient I am fine with.

Bill

Lady DR said...

I'd like to do the garlic festival. IF I lived on the west coast and it was fairly close. Not something I drive cross country for (g).

I'm with you and Pat. It sounds like Dr. Fibber's decision and actions were in the best interest of her patient. As to some of the other instances mentioned, I have to agree that in some cases, insurance conditions and requirements may lead a doc to do what he/she can to assure a patient has the needed care and the coverage. I also know docs may fib (sometimes by simply withholding information) for the good of the patient. Saw this. Walt really didn't want to know he was losing ground. Dr. K never mentioned that fact to him, never forced information on him, but would contact me later and tell me exactly what was going on. I knew what I needed to know and Walt knew what he was comfortable knowing. I think a caring doctor puts patient care, concerns and best interests as priorities.

Now, go get some rest, given your seminar tomorrow and all you have on your plate this week. We'll look for you when we see you.

William J. said...

Hi DR

The garlic festival does sound sind of interesting. Might even have to bring some garlic home.

The insurance issues is a tough one for me. It is in an ethical issues but the top concern for the doctor should be his or her patient's health so I guess I am on the side of do whatever it takes to make the patient well and the least cost to him or her.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was looking forward to Thursday morning. The next days do see a little daunting with the seminars and moms falling on the same days.

I did take some prentive strikes, like fixing the lunches for the next two days!!

Bill