Friday, June 24, 2011

Findings

Day three at Mom's. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tomorrow night.

Finding home:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/06/21/penguin-emperor-newzealand.html

Finding family:

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/06/21/cracker-barrel-employee-finds-family-on-the-wall/?icid=main%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk1%7C216642

Finding your inner ESP:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110621/sc_livescience/humansmayhavemagneticsixthsense;_ylt=AoAzz2vbb6GVlcwJly.oAf6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTRjM2pma3YxBGFzc2V0A2xpdmVzY2llbmNlLzIwMTEwNjIxL2h1bWFuc21heWhhdmVtYWduZXRpY3NpeHRoc2Vuc2UEY2NvZGUDbW9zdHBvcHVsYXIEY3BvcwM4BHBvcwM1BHB0A2hvbWVfY29rZQRzZWMDeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDaHVtYW5zbWF5aGF2

Comment Away:

PRESIDENTS

Yesterday's answer was Ronald Reagan. Today's president was quoted as saying , "I have seen the sea lashed into fury and tossed into the spray, and its grandeur moves the soul of the dullest man; but I remember that is is not the billows, but the calm level of the sea from which all heights and depths are measured." The president was born in 1831 and died in 1881. Was the cat named after him? He was the second US president to be assassinated. He had the second shortest term of any president. The number twenty will lead you to the answer, Which President Am I?

4 comments:

Pat said...

It's always nice to get back to your own bed, isn't it! I hope your 3 days at Mom's have been as pleasant as possible.

So cute about the penguin. I wonder how he enjoyed his visit to New Zealand. Humans seem to always enjoy that a lot. I do hope he manages to find his way home, with our help or not.

I got a little lost in our magnetic sixth sense, but happened to go to the next article by accident, about cows and deer facing along magnetic north/south lines. I know I've read of studies of cows facing one direction or another, and it seemed to always turn out related to wind direction, but if it's always north/south, that's pretty interesting.

Lady DR said...

Glad you'll be home. Not only in your own bed, but in your own space.

Great story about and pic of the penguin. Must be pretty exciting for the folks down in New Zealand. Like Pat, I hope he makes his way home and I hope he grows enough to make the journey and survive the winter.

Interesting about the family picture. Now, if the military would just get on the ball and admit the poor guy is alive, so he can get the assistance he needs...

Like Pat, I got a little lost on the magnetic stuff. And when I lived on the farm, the directions animals faced, particularly cows was directed by the wind. It's one of the ways farmers use to figure out where/when a storm was coming, so I'm a little confused about the contention they face magnet north/south.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

It is nice to be back home but it will be short lived as I have to be back in three days. I made the three days pleasant with one minor exception.

I want the penguin to make it safely home and have a happy life.
So cute about the penguin. I

What I got from the esp article is we have some magnetic organ in our body that allows us to often have previews of what may happen.

When we had a farm most animals faced the direction of the wind and many animals including cats and dogs could predict storms or earthquakes.

Bill

William J. said...

Hi DR

You know me, a sucker for animal stories. The penguin story was just cute. We all hope he makes his way home.

I also hope that that the military gets off of their asses and admit the quy is alive and get him help.

I just said the same thing about the storms to Pat!

Bill