Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Update

Your day is here again and I'm am so looking forward to you all telling me about your lives. I am also hoping that readers or visitors that haven't posted here before step up to the plate and introduce themselves. And if you have posted before but haven't for a while I would love for you to catch us up on what is going on with you.

Not much to report this week that I haven't already reported on. There was a lot of work assignments this week, two days, one night at Mom's, taking Mom for a blood test, shopping for two households, cooking four lunches or dinners (sometimes even when I am not at Mom's I cook dinners for her my nephew, and the caregiver so Mom doesn't have to.), some dinner and lunches out, and some very little me time. That comes next week. Sister will be here Monday and I am looking forward to it. Their house did sell. They moved into a temporary rental in Utah. He is teaching math as a substitute teacher so things are looking up for them.

Entertainment updates. Amazing Race is tonight, looks like a good mix of teams, dating couples, parent-child, friends, etc. I always like to watch the show to see how the teams react with each other, especially the dating or married couples. Dancing With The Stars tomorrow night and I say let's not Delay Tom's exit.
No Top Chef this week but it returns Wednesday night. One thing I found out is that the HD version is on the HD channel two hours earlier that the regular channel! In some related Top Chef news, remember Fabio from last season? He is getting his own show on Bravo. Here is a blurb about his show:

" Fabio's good looks, charm, memorable quotes and thick Italian accent are coming back to television on his very own show. Bravo is spinning him off into 'Fabio: A Catered Affair,' which will follow him and his business partner as they expand their restaurant and catering domain in Los Angeles."

There are three movies out that I would like to see. Fame, Love Happens, & The Invention of lying. With work and Mom there hasn't been time to go to a movie for the longest time.

I am going to end today's blog entry with a wonderful story of lasting love:

http://news.aol.com/article/elvira-profe-and-fortunat-mackiewicz/701512?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Felvira-profe-and-fortunat-mackiewicz%2F701512

The blog is now yours. Catch me up. Introduce or Re-introduce yourselves. Update me on your lives. Post anything you damn well please. Bonus points for secrets or if you shock us. The blog is now yours.

TODAY'S TRIVIA:

Yesterday's answer: Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, First Lady of France.

Today's Who Am I?

I was born in 1885 to Lady Henrietta and Sir Henry. The rumor is that I was probably an illegitmate bastard fathered by a horseman. My paternity is the subject of much debate and my mom was known for sharing her favors. Mom was found with a lover by her husband but was able to avoid divorce due to her husband's own infidelities. My biographer thinks that since my mom's was sterile that all of her children were fathered by my sister's husband. I was married to a famous leader in 1908. My husband was more than ten years older than I was. We had five children. One is still live today. One child died at the age of three, and the others died in their 50s or 60s. During a war I organized canteens for munitions workers on behalf of the Y.M.C.A. I was often snubbed by wives of my husbands colleagues. During another was I was chairwoman of the Red Cross. During that war I was also the President of the Young Women's Christian Association War Time Appeal and the Chairman of Fulmer Chase Maternity Hospital for Wives of Junior. I received honorary degrees at three colleges. As I aged I became so poor that in 1977 I sent five paintings by my late husband to auction. The sale went much better than expected, and rescued her from her financial difficulties. Only after my death was it discovered that she had destroyed the famous Graham Sutherland portrait of her husband because she did not like it. I had a heart attack and died at age 92. I am buried with my husband and children near Woodstock. Who Am I?

6 comments:

Lady DR said...

What a heart-warming story. Thanks for sharing, Bill. Makes the day a little brighter.

Gosh, no secrets and no shocks for extra points. Lots of work time and got the rewrite done and ready to mail out, so I can start on the next analysis. Pool time and line dance. Had a spot on my temple and one on my lip biopsied on Monday for basil cell, results due next week. Please hold good thoughts. Did the community garage sale at a nearby sub-division and came away with a stock of good bucks for my winter reading stash, plus a new housecoat someone didn't like (go figure) and a gadget for applying studs and jewels to clothing and such - a motivator for creativity when the dust settles a bit more. On to an art festival, where Himself enjoyed the bbq and I enjoyed the vendors and found a really unique pair of copper and sterling earrings as a belated birthday gift to me. Tired of "bad hair" days, I took the plunge and got a really, really short cut, what they sometimes call a little boy cut. Maybe a half-inch long all over. It's quite a change. Himself's only comment was, "Uh, it looks like it'll be easy to take care of." (Takes him a while to adjust to these things (G))Does that count as shocking?

William J. said...

Hi DR

I loved the story. It made my day.

If you shocked Himself with a new hairstyle that counts as shocking and you get extra points. And I think you would look nice in a boy's cut.

I will keep you in my prayers and good thoughts and send good vibes that the results of the biopsies are negative. Please let us know how they came out!

The art festival sounds like a perfect event for a couple. You will have to model the earrings at some point.

Bill

Pat said...

I have absolutely nothing new to say. Talk about your boring weekends!!

Nice story about the reunited couple. What a long wait!

DR, still fingers crossed re the biopsies, and I'd love to see the new haircut.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

Maybe you should visit Portland or I should visit LA then we can boring weekends together!

Bill

dona said...

Really nice story, thanks for sharing with us.

I didn't know that about HD version of shows. Also, I am glad you told me there was no Top Chef this week, I tuned in the regular time and found a repeat and was thinking I missed it. Whew! So far I am liking Amazing Race...but didn't like it when the Poker girls were lying about their profession...I mean understand why they wanted to lie, but I wished they would have picked something else, I don't much like it when you lie about kids...

Nothing much to tell here, & no shocking secrets either.

DR, Good thoughts, prayers for the biopsy results. Sounded like a good deal on the sale all the way around. And I wouldn't mind seeing the haircut either, as I am contemplating getting something cut but am such a fraidy cat when it comes to picking out a salon/stylist, I have been about 5 times my whole life and only came out once where I was happy with the results and it was actually the result I asked for....:(

Hey, is that shocking enough for points? Me being a fraidy cat?

William J. said...

Hi Dona

Shocking, shocking, shocking. I thought you were fearless! Multiple extra points for you!

I fell on to the Bravo version by accident. We just got Bravo on HD and I was channel surfing and there was Top Chef two hours before it was supposed to be on.

I didn't like the poker ladies lying about the children but that did make me think they might be in the finals because it looks like they will stop at nothing to win!

Bill