Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Animal Magnetism

Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving. Erma Bombeck

Heading out to Mom's in a few minutes so am posting today's entry on the run. At mom's this time there won't be Max the Cat and I will miss the little animal. However, I hope I never see the animal in the following article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/swamp-wars-flesh-eating-lizard-public-park-video_n_1494122.html?ref=tv-replay&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D158434

And I wouldn't be all that excited to meet the following animal:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/07/largest-crocodile-ever-fossil_n_1498223.html?ref=science&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-nb%7Cdl7%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D158997

In closing I will just think the people that fired the woman are animals that I would like to punch out.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/woman-fired-for-shoplifting-40years-ago/story-e6frf7lf-1226350148289

Comment Away

2 comments:

Pat said...

I shall join you in NOT wishing to meet the African Nile monitor lizard. And I can't say I'm sorry that the largest ever crocodile is extinct. We once did a tv show about "Animals Nobody Loves". These two just might qualify.

It may be that Wells Fargo had no choice in firing the woman, being bound by federal law to do so with any person with "a criminal record involving dishonesty or breach of trust." Having said that, it's all pretty darned stupid, and another instance of a "zero tolerance" policy that should be open to modification in the name of reason.

I hope your day at mom's is a pleasant one.

William J. said...

Hi Pat

I actually remember that show. I didn't know you were a part of it. These two animals would be great guests!

Maybe Wells Fargon had no choice but I think they could have applied for an exemption to the rules based on the woman's performance and longevity.

Maybe tomorrow at Mom's will be better.

Bill